Couldn't find an iPod forum here ...

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It says iPod forums in the link, but could only find forum for iPhone and iPad ..

Anyways, maybe someone can help me out anyways.

I have a very old iPod mini (about 6ish years old) and it's had the "iPod sad face" for the past like 4 or so years. Long story short, I decided to pull it out and see if there was anything I could do to it to make it work - I really didn't care too much until I started making great progress, now I'm determined to make it work somehow.

No matter what I did, (reboot, attempted to put in disk mode, etc) I always rebooted to the sad face. Finally, after doing some research, I decide to take matters into my own hands. So I take apart the iPod, and tap on the hard drive to make it reset or whatever (seems to be the most commonly suggested thing to do). After doing that, and reassembling it, it actually restarted in disk mode. Finally got rid of that sad face! .. Well I plug it into iTunes to restore, and it says it doesn't detect any iPod software on my iPod. So it attempts to restore with new software ... which it attempts about 5 times continually telling my the iPod is corrupt. FINALLY, I get the software restored on it on about the 6th try. But for some reason, iTunes 10 doesn't recognize it. When the iPod reboots itself after installing the software, it goes again to say it doesn't detect the software and needs to restore. I've been at this cycle for about 2 hours now. My determination has turned into frustration, but I've come too far to back down now lol.

Somebody, please help!! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR