As a bb user i have recently switched to ip4. This phone has gone beyond my expectations. I am still learning how to do things and this forum has been great help.

I don't find the email to be lacking in any way on the ip4... infact everyday i find a new cool feature that is fantastic.

I am a convert & a believer!!!

I have one question for the veterans here that i haven't been able to find out.

I use my phone a lot for voice calls and i tend to lock it before i pop it in my pocket (ip4). If i get a call and i am unable to take it it goes to voicemail and i get the new voicemail notification.

I have experienced this today and i was able to replicate. If the phone is locked and there is a new voicemail notification if i unlock (swipe) the phone it automatically starts to dial voicemail.

How do i get around this as i do not want to dial voicemail everytime i unlock the phone (only if there was a new voicemail).

thanks in advance.
    11-05-2010 11:29 PM
    Do you have visual voicemail setup?
    11-05-2010 11:44 PM
    nope just regular voicemail.

also another question.

on the recent/missed call list... is there a way to delete just one or two items or its just clear all?
    11-05-2010 11:50 PM
    I have visual voicemail setup so that doesn't happen to me. I don't think theres a way to not make it dial voicemail when you have a new one unless visual voicemail is setup. I could be wrong but I'm almost positive. Also there is currently no way to delete just one or two recent/missed calls. That is a feature I've been waiting on for a while as I'd like to have only a few of the people I talk to often in my recents. There are jailbreak apps that let you do this however. I'm not sure about non-jailbroken apps though.
    11-05-2010 11:56 PM
    So I should switch to visual voicemail then?

Because otherwise it's a bit of pain that voicemail gets dialed everytime I unlock the phone. Thanks for the missed/recent call log confirmation.
    11-06-2010 01:55 AM
    Why wouldn't you setup visual voicemail? It takes 5 minutes tops.
    11-06-2010 11:38 AM
    I am on Bb data I wasn't sure how feasable ip4 would have been for me.
    11-06-2010 12:39 PM
    If AT&T is your provider don't be surprised if you start getting texts saying you have the incorrect data plan and you need to switch.
    11-06-2010 01:57 PM
    No i am in canada.. rogers.

So i solved the voicemail auto dial from screen problem... it was just me and a feature of voicemail...

When i have a voicemail and the phone has been locked if i try to unlock it it reads: "Slide to listen to voicemail".

that was it.

I just have to read and be careful what i press as things on the iphone are sometime not same depending on the scenario.
    11-06-2010 10:36 PM
    just press the lock button and when u attempt to unlock it won't be there.
    most notifications work like that as well.
    i.e. Facebook notification, but you don't want to open up facebook.
    11-07-2010 01:47 PM
    just press the lock button and when u attempt to unlock it won't be there.
    most notifications work like that as well.
    i.e. Facebook notification, but you don't want to open up facebook.
    Thanks

I had more runins with the lock screen changing for various events. I tried exactly what you suggested and works like a charm.

There should be a collection of tips n tricks for new ip users like myself.

More importantly I love this device!!
    11-07-2010 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD