GPS and compass not working

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I have replaced my phone to cure the proximity sensor issue and the third phone was the charm on that, now I find that my GPS is not working and even the compass is not functioning.

Anyone else have/had trouble with the location based stuff on their iPhone 4?

Thanks for the input.

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
What makes you think they are not working? What are your symptoms?

The compass tells me to wave it around in a figure 8 pattern and when I do, nothing happens. The GPS will not locate me, the cell tower location gets close but the GPS will not accurately lock on me, not matter where I go.

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I just popped out the SIM card and the GPS and compass work fine. When I put the SIM back in, all stops functioning. It appears that there is a conflict that has arisen between the GPS and the cell tower general location finder function. When the cell tower system is disabled, the GPS/Compass function properly.

Looks like a visit to the Genius Bar will happen tomorrow.

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
In Conclusion

I took the phone to the Genius Bar yesterday and they quickly replaced it with another unit. The phone came up with a "locationd" error when they ran the diagnostics, so there was no further discussion.

The GPS/Compass now function perfectly.

Now, 1 day later, I have another appointment at the Genius Bar because the replacement phone does not ring...the speaker does not function. I can plug the headphones in and hear the phone ring and all of music etc, but when the headphones are unplugged, there is nothing.

This was my fourth phone, and now going for fifth. My fingers are crossed that this phone will fully function. Five months and five phones is pushing my limit for patience, but as long as they keep replacing them, I got no particular gripes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR