Verizion iPhone to launch Nov. 9th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Well no one has ever confirmed January, they just confirm early 2011. That can go all the way to April if need be. Who's to say they will even release it? Can't they just announce it and ship later? Also, I guess you weren't around when apple dropped the price 200 bucks less around 6 weeks later after the initial model was released. So yes, apple has screwed people in the past and can do it again.

Here's the bottom line. The writing is on the wall for a verizon iPhone. They already sell an iPad, while not CDMA. They have an agreement in place to sell something Apple, so the iPhone can't be too far behind. Maybe not January, but sometime in the first quarter. And it will be CDMA even though LTE is in the works. Just like EDGE initially and then went to 3G. 3G was available, just a technical decision.

Please, EArly does not mean FIRST QUARTER. Early means the first couple months. otherwise they would have said FIRST QUARTER. But okay, whatever. They CANT release the phone that fast because the phone wouldn't work. Look at the iphone 4. IT SUCKED ASS. Still kinda sucks. And they had a year to figure that out. And you think they'll release it in 8 months? get out of here.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Care to show us from kind of proof?

Sure

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNHo1rvZN2X4BAXz2-1s2w5OUmQPuw&cad=rja

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNFmH2XPqiv_XJqG5HlpsVZgtHzpdg&cad=rja

Please, EArly does not mean FIRST QUARTER. Early means the first couple months. otherwise they would have said FIRST QUARTER.

You realize first quarter is Jan-Mar, right? That just happens to fall under the vague heading of "couple of months".

Also, there have been stories out (more prevalent since the Verizon iPhone news came out) that Apple has been developing a CDMA iPhone along with the GSM one all along. It's not that farfetched that they could release it to manufacturing very, very quickly.

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
REally? Do you know how many lawsuits there are ALREADY? Obviously you don't live in the same society as I do. People sue for EVERYTHING. and an issue like this is actually something that Apple would lose. Its happened before all over the market.

I know of the lawsuits, but that doesn't make them legit. Apple changing their prices is not lawsuit material. Maybe in the UK or some other foreign coiuntry, but here in the US its not. No matter how money hungry you are.

Please, EArly does not mean FIRST QUARTER. Early means the first couple months. otherwise they would have said FIRST QUARTER. But okay, whatever. They CANT release the phone that fast because the phone wouldn't work. Look at the iphone 4. IT SUCKED ASS. Still kinda sucks. And they had a year to figure that out. And you think they'll release it in 8 months? get out of here.

How does the iPhone 4 suck? Because of the attenna problem, that wasn't really a problem to began with?

Sure

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNHo1rvZN2X4BAXz2-1s2w5OUmQPuw&cad=rja

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNFmH2XPqiv_XJqG5HlpsVZgtHzpdg&cad=rja

You realize first quarter is Jan-Mar, right? That just happens to fall under the vague heading of "couple of months".

Also, there have been stories out (more prevalent since the Verizon iPhone news came out) that Apple has been developing a CDMA iPhone along with the GSM one all along. It's not that farfetched that they could release it to manufacturing very, very quickly.

Those links mention nothing about apple confirming it. Want Apple to confirm, it would need to be out of Jobs mouth.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
interesting. Eirther way we will find out next year, or just e-mail jobs and wait for his famous one word responses. :D

and about the lawsuts. I like to add on that, like I said, not everyone is legit. If you go to Mcdonalds and order a HOT coffee and you take the lid off to put cream and sugar in and spill it on your self, its YOUR falut for not making sure the lid is on tight. Noew granted, their coffee was a bit too hot back then, but they have since turned it down, but that doesn't change that if you order a cup of coffee, it will be HOT, unless you ask for ice coffee.+

Same with "Mcdonalds made me fat". No. they did not hold a gun to your head and told you to eat this big mac or we'll blow your head off. You walked in there on your own free will and ordered that big mac.

Going back to the iPhone. Unless Apple commits a major crime, chaniging prices is not something that will be won over in court unless of course it involves a crime.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

A quarter is three months, so yeah, that's early 2011. Mid 2011 is about May and late 2011 is at least late September. The iPhone 4 was in development for 18 months before release. OS X for Intel chips was in development for several years in parallel to the PPC version before its release, well before anyone knew it was going to be done. Who's to say the CDMA version iPhone hasn't been in development in parallel to the GSM version, but perhaps not as long. You do know that UTMS (3G) is a variant of W-CDMA, which is what AT&T uses right? Also, you seem to forget that over a year ago that Apple was looking to hire CDMA engineers right?

iPhone sucks? No, but it has had its bumps along the way. I think sales and profits, plus worldwide marketshare, plus the fact that Apple is now above RIM in sales speaks differently. What are sales? Glad you asked. They are the result of customer demand. The people have voted with their wallets and iPhone is doing just fine.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
no sir. won't happen. Do you know how many lawsuits there will be? Its essentially scamming customers. By releasing the i4 in january then 5 months later a new phone (which all the ppl that got the i4 can't get discounted) is horrible business ethics. Also something apple has never done. They have always taken into consideration customer upgrades. Sorry but I GUARANTEE no iphone for verizon in january. watch it not happen.

^^^ You guarantee it on what factual information besides your assumption that they wouldnt do it from an ethical standpoint? Sorry bud, but you must be living in a dream world if you think these companies give a crap about ethics...AT&T sold the 2G iPhone as the newest thing since sliced bread all the way up until about 2 month before the 3G came out...and then when people caught on, AT&T was like "Well, bring your iPhone 2G in and we'll swap you out...no problem".

Companies have done it before and WILL do it again...and what makes you think the 5th gen is coming out summer 2011? Another groundless guarantee you want to throw at the world? Apple hasnt released any information about even HAVING a 5th gen iPhone, yet some how you have this magical fairy land schedule for verizon's 2011 release season.

Before you start yapping on about guarantees and how people are wrong, make sure you have some credible facts behind it, not your moot opinion about how their marketing strategy will work. I made the comment "fairly soon" and that's a pretty safe bet to go on, it doesnt guarantee any date lol, but you're foolish if you think Verizon is skipping on the iPhone 4.

Last edited:

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To be fair, their history has shown a new model every summer.

true, but thats going back to my "close minded" comment. They can always change the way it is done. They do not have to have it launch in June or July.

I think the intel iMac with the isight was launched in late august and the 2005 or 2006 ipod line came in mid-late september.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
true, but thats going back to my "close minded" comment. They can always change the way it is done. They do not have to have it launch in June or July.

I think the intel iMac with the isight was launched in late august and the 2005 or 2006 ipod line came in mid-late september.

We'll see this upcoming summer. I'm willing to bet they will repeat again. They can't afford to allow Android to gain more and more marketshare.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We'll see this upcoming summer. I'm willing to bet they will repeat again. They can't afford to allow Android to gain more and more marketshare.

You mean quarter one 2011, to see if those early 2011 iPhone rumors are true.

I'm starting to like android more and more. Apple really better step up its game with iPhone 5.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You really didn't detect the sarcasm? Haha

Guess not. :p

I don't know. I need to head pout and replace my blackberry (the trackball finally popped out) I was thinking of going to Sprint, (they own Boost mobile) but I may go to our brand new Best Buy mobile store and take a look at both the iPhone and Evo and see in person, since they have live models of both

But in my opinion the iOS, while is polished, its starting to fell really cartoonish, and a but dated. But thats just me.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Definitely time for you to actually view it in person then, Chris. It's difficult making those judgment calls based on theory. What's more, it really annoys a lot of iPhone owners when you hang out on an iPhone forum and don't even own one.

I've spent quality time with both the iPhone and Evo, and while they are similar, the iPhone is so much easier. The only thing the Evo has over the iPhone is the notification system - but you can solve that with a simple jailbreak and LockInfo.

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I know of the lawsuits, but that doesn't make them legit. Apple changing their prices is not lawsuit material. Maybe in the UK or some other foreign coiuntry, but here in the US its not. No matter how money hungry you are.

How does the iPhone 4 suck? Because of the attenna problem, that wasn't really a problem to began with?

Those links mention nothing about apple confirming it. Want Apple to confirm, it would need to be out of Jobs mouth.

Ummmmm who said anything about pricing? you JUST pulled that out of you're ass. I'm talking about releasing the new iphone 4 months after releasing iphone 4 for verizon. That IS sueing material.

iPhone does suck in the sense that the glass design is weak, the antenna is weak, and all the problems with the WHITE iphone.

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
^^^ You guarantee it on what factual information besides your assumption that they wouldnt do it from an ethical standpoint? Sorry bud, but you must be living in a dream world if you think these companies give a crap about ethics...AT&T sold the 2G iPhone as the newest thing since sliced bread all the way up until about 2 month before the 3G came out...and then when people caught on, AT&T was like "Well, bring your iPhone 2G in and we'll swap you out...no problem".

Companies have done it before and WILL do it again...and what makes you think the 5th gen is coming out summer 2011? Another groundless guarantee you want to throw at the world? Apple hasnt released any information about even HAVING a 5th gen iPhone, yet some how you have this magical fairy land schedule for verizon's 2011 release season.

Before you start yapping on about guarantees and how people are wrong, make sure you have some credible facts behind it, not your moot opinion about how their marketing strategy will work. I made the comment "fairly soon" and that's a pretty safe bet to go on, it doesnt guarantee any date lol, but you're foolish if you think Verizon is skipping on the iPhone 4.

ummmm der der der, maybe because theres a new iphone EVERY year. jeez how thick are you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73