Verizion iPhone to launch Nov. 9th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah yeah. I hear you. But this one if a tad bit different. This is a leaked memo

iconicdevicesmall.jpg

source

It may very well be a droid
, but I don't see a droid as being iconic. We will see soon enough. But this one part was interesting

Verizon has always mentioned the name of the device in all of its previous corporate emails. It is not known why the carrier has done differently this time. Certainly this mystery device is not the Samsung Continuum, as it is meant to be due for announcement on Sunday.

Also, the 9th, just so happens to be this Tuesday. If we see an Apple event invite card floating around, then you know something is up.

Last edited:

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
This is for the Droid Pro. There will be no iphone on verizon til late next year.

Reasons:

Why release the iphone 4 when the iphone 5 will be out in a matter of months.

Verizon is rolling out LTE. Which is GSM not CDMA. Waste of technology to release iphone before LTE is totally rolled out.

-No iphone til late 2011. I really hate these iphone rumors.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
This is for the Droid Pro. There will be no iphone on verizon til late next year.

Reasons:

Verizon is rolling out LTE. Which is GSM not CDMA. Waste of technology to release iphone before LTE is totally rolled out.

You're right, it is for the Droid Pro. However LTE is only for data. It still must use CDMA for voice and text for the near future. LTE is not a mature technology, battery life is still weak. Why did Apple release an iPhone back in 2007 on EDGE? Yes here in the States AT&T didn't have a strong 3G network, but that model was also released in Europe. Many places in Europe don't have EDGE since they are about 99.99999% 3G. Why release that model in Europe? To get it in their hands.

Verizon has also said that LTE won't cover all of the suscribers until about 2013:

Verizon On Track For 4G LTE Rollout -- Verizon LTE -- InformationWeek

Are they really going to wait that long? They put it on Verizon to get it in people's hands. If they want to upgrade a few months later to the i5, then that's up to them. Believe it or not, some people may decide to not buy the i4 and wait for the i5, while some may get it on day 1 and then upgrade to the i6. News flash: Some people don't upgrade every year.

The point is to get it in their hands. Doesn't matter to me anyways, I am not leaving AT&T.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Reasons:

lol...you really think Verizon will miss out on the hordes of people that will buy a 3G iPhone 4 and still drop dime on the 5th gen iPhone (regardless of what network its on...though most likely 3G again) even if it was within a year? They know that people who love apple products will buy the iphone 4, and then do whatever they can (pay an early upgrade fee, pay full price, etc) to have the new version of the phone.

Alot of the Apple haters have it right when they say that people are like zombies when it comes to new Apple stuff...where they get it wrong is the reasoning behind it...its not brain washing, its just people who love tech toys and want to be on the leading edge of what is new and fresh.

Verizon will have a 3G iPhone 4 fairly shortly...people will flock to get it, and then the new iPhone will release, and people, again, will flock to get it.

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
lol...you really think Verizon will miss out on the hordes of people that will buy a 3G iPhone 4 and still drop dime on the 5th gen iPhone (regardless of what network its on...though most likely 3G again) even if it was within a year? They know that people who love apple products will buy the iphone 4, and then do whatever they can (pay an early upgrade fee, pay full price, etc) to have the new version of the phone.

Alot of the Apple haters have it right when they say that people are like zombies when it comes to new Apple stuff...where they get it wrong is the reasoning behind it...its not brain washing, its just people who love tech toys and want to be on the leading edge of what is new and fresh.

Verizon will have a 3G iPhone 4 fairly shortly...people will flock to get it, and then the new iPhone will release, and people, again, will flock to get it.

no sir. won't happen. Do you know how many lawsuits there will be? Its essentially scamming customers. By releasing the i4 in january then 5 months later a new phone (which all the ppl that got the i4 can't get discounted) is horrible business ethics. Also something apple has never done. They have always taken into consideration customer upgrades. Sorry but I GUARANTEE no iphone for verizon in january. watch it not happen.

boweveljoe

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I think it may end up this way though. And then the next iPhone will hopefully have LTE built in.

The Nov 9th thing is definitely for the ugly Droid Pro. For those of you that want an android phone that looks like a Blackberry!

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
LTE will not be in the iPhone until version 6, that has been confirmed by someone at Apple.

Also, there won't be any lawsuits if there is one phone released in January and another in June/July. Lawsuits won't happen. If you think they will, take a look at people who bought the Moto Droid, only to have the Droid 2 come out 7 months later (not to mention the Incredible coming out a few months after the original Droid). Not one lawsuit that I've heard of. And Motorola even discontinued the original Droid within 6 months of its release. Apple won't discontinue the iPhone 4 when the iPhone 5 comes out, just like the 3GS is still out now.

Those that are early adopters will buy the next phone at full price if they want it...or Apple will negotiate with the carriers (like it did with the iPhone 4) and give everyone a chance to get it at a cheaper price.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
no sir. won't happen. Do you know how many lawsuits there will be? Its essentially scamming customers. By releasing the i4 in january then 5 months later a new phone (which all the ppl that got the i4 can't get discounted) is horrible business ethics. Also something apple has never done. They have always taken into consideration customer upgrades. Sorry but I GUARANTEE no iphone for verizon in january. watch it not happen.

Unless they release the iPhone 5 in January. (Witch technically could happen as they do NOT have to release it in June/July. Yes, it will throw off the entire schedule, but Apple can do what ever they want. Its their product. They could even announce it in January and have it ready by spring)

But like I said, I had a felling it was for a droid device. Just real funny they said "iconic" and I personally don't find the droid "iconic" .

As for the lawsuit part. I highly dobut there would be any lawsuits. Buying an iPhone from ABC from 123, and then 3 months later 989 starts selling it does not really qualify for a "lawsuit"

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Apple doesnt release anything with out keynotes or something to draw attention. This is BS

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Sorry but I GUARANTEE no iphone for verizon in january. watch it not happen.

Well no one has ever confirmed January, they just confirm early 2011. That can go all the way to April if need be. Who's to say they will even release it? Can't they just announce it and ship later? Also, I guess you weren't around when apple dropped the price 200 bucks less around 6 weeks later after the initial model was released. So yes, apple has screwed people in the past and can do it again.

Here's the bottom line. The writing is on the wall for a verizon iPhone. They already sell an iPad, while not CDMA. They have an agreement in place to sell something Apple, so the iPhone can't be too far behind. Maybe not January, but sometime in the first quarter. And it will be CDMA even though LTE is in the works. Just like EDGE initially and then went to 3G. 3G was available, just a technical decision.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Well no one has ever confirmed January, they just confirm early 2011. That can go all the way to April if need be. Who's to say they will even release it? Can't they just announce it and ship later? Also, I guess you weren't around when apple dropped the price 200 bucks less around 6 weeks later after the initial model was released. So yes, apple has screwed people in the past and can do it again.

Here'a the bottom line. The writing is on the wall or a verizon iPhone. They already sell an iPad, while not CDMA. They have an agreement in place to sell something Apple, so the iPhone can't be too far behind. Maybe not January, but sometime in the first quarter. And it will be CDMA even though LTE is in the works. Just like EDGE initially and then went to 3G. 3G was available, just a technical decision.

Verizon iPhone is coming sometime or another. No doubt about it. But I do remember when everybody confirmed that that Verizon iPhone was being announced the day the iPad was being announced last Jan and everybody was wrong. Until Apple officially announces it, it all just rumors.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What really ticks me off is close minded people. "oh it wont happen. Apple does the iPhone in June"

While that may be true, it doesn't mean it will always be the case. Apple could always change things up. I think they did that once before with a mac event in late August (instead of October) and even an iPod event in mid september. (instead of the first week) and the said apple event was not on a Tuesday, but rather a wednesday.

I do remember the iPhone price drop. Back in June 2007, you pretty much paid full price for the phone. A lot of people were very unhappy, and no, there were no lawsuits. :rolleyes:

I do think we will see an Verizon or even a sprint iPhone in 2011. We don't really need Apple to confirm anything.

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Unless they release the iPhone 5 in January. (Witch technically could happen as they do NOT have to release it in June/July. Yes, it will throw off the entire schedule, but Apple can do what ever they want. Its their product. They could even announce it in January and have it ready by spring)

But like I said, I had a felling it was for a droid device. Just real funny they said "iconic" and I personally don't find the droid "iconic" .

As for the lawsuit part. I highly dobut there would be any lawsuits. Buying an iPhone from ABC from 123, and then 3 months later 989 starts selling it does not really qualify for a "lawsuit"

REally? Do you know how many lawsuits there are ALREADY? Obviously you don't live in the same society as I do. People sue for EVERYTHING. and an issue like this is actually something that Apple would lose. Its happened before all over the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR