I have an iphone 3gs 32g OS 3.1.3, a couple days ago stop ringing.
    I checked the speaker and is working fine. I can hear music, or the ringtones, but the clik of the keyboard and lock sound are gone.
    It's not in silence mode, and all the sound settings are on. And thye speaker works fine.
    If I'm listening music using earpiece it ring when somebody call.
    Please if some body has the same issue and fixed it, let me know how you did it.
    Thanks
    11-03-2010 04:06 PM
    strange, if your sure you checked the sound settings, then try a restart and if you have done that already jump to the full recovery just make sure you have a copy of 3.1.3 stored somewhere on your computer or upgrade to 4.1 (or wait for 4.2)
    11-03-2010 04:12 PM
    Thanks Slyfi, i did restart and nothing.
    Mi iphone i unbloked, and i'm using it in argentina. I got it in the States.
    When u say full recovery u mean from the itunes? Am i going to lose info or anything? If i upgrade to 4.1 do i have to get the iphone unlocked?
    11-03-2010 04:22 PM
    if you upgrade your going to lose your unlock and there is currently no way to unlock it :/

try to see if you can find an .ipsw file of 3.1.3 on your computer and when you restore (through iTunes) hit shift+click restore and find it on your computer
    11-03-2010 04:25 PM
    I'll try that.
    Thanks
    11-03-2010 04:29 PM
    i found two files in my pc
    ipod_26.1.1.3.ipsw.signature 1kb

and this one

ipod_26.1.1.3
    apple devise software update 59.934kb

is one of those the one i can use to restor an put back the 3.1.3?

where,the buck up, that itunes does is in my pc?
    11-05-2010 02:01 PM
    you can get OEM firmware here if you reload your OS you will lose your JB and unlock so make sure you know how to redo both. Do you use a Mac or Windows? if you have a Mac or know a friend who has a Mac another choice is to get them to make you a custom firmware with the 3.1.3 that you get from iclarified then you can shift+restore to reload your phone with that and it will be reloaded already jailbroken. Then you can unlock and test your sound to see if it works.

Your phone is Jailbroken are you running any themes? perhaps the theme is either broken or doesn't have sound. If you are try a different theme or remove the theme altogether and see if it starts to work. Are you using custom ringtones? try removing them by uncheck the sync ringtones then reboot and see if you can hear them again after that you can sync them back.
    11-05-2010 02:19 PM
    Does this phone have water damage? Apparently a pretty common issue with iPhones that have been submerged in water are sound related problems. I dropped my phone in water and luckily didnt have any issues but while stressing out of my mind and freaking out, i read tons of posts where people were talking about speakers not working, half working, headset input working but no external sound, etc etc etc.
    11-05-2010 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD