Does anyone know this??

slisrapper

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi, this is my first post to tipb, and I wanted to start off with a simple post.

I have a 4G iPod Touch and this happened also to my 2G.

When I double tap the safari and itunes app they just vanished, but come back when I restart my device. Does anyone know why this is happening? It may not be a big concern, but I would like to know tho.

Thanks!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Restore...when these devices do these glitchy things there arnt always a pin point answer. You may have bad/corrupted back ups on your iTunes, or interrupted sync's on iTunes for whatever reason.

Are you using a most recent version of iTunes?
Are you ejecting the iPod properly after you backup/sync?
Is the iPod jailbroken?

...to get a proper answer you have to give alot more details than what you gave, what you provided would be like going into a mechanic's shop and going "Hey, my car has been acting funny, sometimes it sputters..." Sure, someone could find out what is wrong, but providing more details (and trying simple resolutions like a restore) are necessary.

slisrapper

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok let me try again, thanks for the tip.

So I have iTunes 10, and the newest iOS for my iTouch 4G, and the 4.0 update for my iTouch 2G.

They are both not jailbroken, and I have properly disconnected it after syncing or backing it up with iTunes.

I just can't help to notice that when I do tap the Safari and iTunes app, they just disappear like that, until I restart my iDevice. I would like to have an explanation for this, even though there isn'T particularly anything wrong with my touch.

Does this explain enough?

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Ok let me try again, thanks for the tip.

So I have iTunes 10, and the newest iOS for my iTouch 4G, and the 4.0 update for my iTouch 2G.

They are both not jailbroken, and I have properly disconnected it after syncing or backing it up with iTunes.

I just can't help to notice that when I do tap the Safari and iTunes app, they just disappear like that, until I restart my iDevice. I would like to have an explanation for this, even though there isn'T particularly anything wrong with my touch.

Does this explain enough?

In your first post you said this happens when you double tap safari and in this one you said it happens when you tap it. Which is it? Either way I would take your device into an Apple store as it sounds like you may have a bad device.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I had done a restore-

My bad, I meant to say double tap. But my another question is does this happen to other people?

Well this has never happened to me and your post is the first that I have ever heard of it. Like I said I would take it into an apple store if you can.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I second taking it in to Apple, if you have the same behaviour after the restore that's not right. The iTunes and Safari are both OEM apps so they are not removable so if you're not jailbroken that shouldn't be happening.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2