I was restoring my iphone 3g because the screen wouldnt turn on. Now I am in the middle of restore and it says I need a valid sim card, but i have tmobile and i used it unlocked and jailbroken. It wont connect or anything without a valid sim card, what do i do?
    11-02-2010 02:33 AM
    unfortunately when you restored it also upgraded to last version of IOS which currently uses a baseband that is (as of right now) unlock able.

to get basic function back use limera1n to hactivate, but to get phone and messanging (as well as 3g/edge) usage back you're going to have to put out for an AT&T sim till someone figures out how to unlock this baseband
    11-02-2010 02:43 AM
    unfortunately when you restored it also upgraded to last version of IOS which currently uses a baseband that is (as of right now) unlock able.

to get basic function back use limera1n to hactivate, but to get phone and messanging (as well as 3g/edge) usage back you're going to have to put out for an AT&T sim till someone figures out how to unlock this baseband
    can i borrow someones SIM card and continue the restore then downgrade my iphone?
    11-02-2010 02:53 AM
    i suppose it technically possible just make sure its the proper card size and it should work
    11-02-2010 03:09 AM
    I thought you couldn't downgrade the baseband, though?
    11-02-2010 07:25 AM
    This would be better suited for the Jailbreak Forum and a question Farbod could tackle!
    11-02-2010 08:20 AM
    can i borrow someones SIM card and continue the restore then downgrade my iphone?
    No you cannot downgrade baseband. Supposedly newest unlock will be released after 4.2 is released to the masses, but even then it might be a little while before it's ready.
    11-02-2010 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD