Help! Restore incident! AHH

viciousk

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I was restoring my iphone 3g because the screen wouldnt turn on. Now I am in the middle of restore and it says I need a valid sim card, but i have tmobile and i used it unlocked and jailbroken. It wont connect or anything without a valid sim card, what do i do?

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
unfortunately when you restored it also upgraded to last version of IOS which currently uses a baseband that is (as of right now) unlock able.

to get basic function back use limera1n to hactivate, but to get phone and messanging (as well as 3g/edge) usage back you're going to have to put out for an AT&T sim till someone figures out how to unlock this baseband

viciousk

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
unfortunately when you restored it also upgraded to last version of IOS which currently uses a baseband that is (as of right now) unlock able.

to get basic function back use limera1n to hactivate, but to get phone and messanging (as well as 3g/edge) usage back you're going to have to put out for an AT&T sim till someone figures out how to unlock this baseband

can i borrow someones SIM card and continue the restore then downgrade my iphone?

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
can i borrow someones SIM card and continue the restore then downgrade my iphone?

No you cannot downgrade baseband. Supposedly newest unlock will be released after 4.2 is released to the masses, but even then it might be a little while before it's ready.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods