iOS 4.2 bugs

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I found an issue where the battery charge indicator never reaches complete when charging on the dock. Same thing on a car charger.

AdamTheGreat

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I've found a problem on my 3Gs where when I lock the display (or if the phone auto-locks) 9 times out of 10 the screen will not completely turn off. It will stay black but without the back light. If I quickly press the lock button twice it shuts the display completely off. Does the same thing when I shut the phone off.

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Please understand that any current JB method already works on 4.2. However if you have a carrier unlock, it will break it.

As for me, I haven't found any bugs that affect my daily use. Battery life has improved slightly.

I thought that even if the j/b method would work, cydia won't work yet so it is pointles to j/b until cydia is updated...

Am I wrong? Will cydia and current j/b programs work on 4.2?

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i am crazy happy with how 4.2 GM is running on my iPad, except for the one issue where Twitter for iPad seems to reset all of it's settings after having exited out of it for about 30 minutes to an hour.

Vicious_Cid

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
For auto-correction sakes normally I entered some short 2-letter abbreviations that I regularly use in Contacts so that auto-correct uses them when I type.

I found that in iOS 4.2 GM, auto-correct no longer uses those contact names as references for short 2 letter words like "lg", "dr". Auto-correct always replace them with "LG" and "Dr". Abbreviations with more than 3-letters work though. Some contact names also doesn't enter correctly with proper capitalizations, etc.
iOS 4.1 uses exactly what I entered in Contacts.

r.santa1

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
SMS comes up blank for recipient when u choose text from favorites or recents. When I close that message and reopen a new one it has the recip in there. Annoying

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
not necessarily a bug, i think, but i've noticed that my reboot time is about 1/3 of the time as previous versions, i like it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73