Iphone screen cracked :( help!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My point was... why mess with it... the Apple store will do it for $99 and give you a warranty to boot. Just saying. Sorry your were annoyed by my response...

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And heres the literature directly from Apple themselves in case anyone is curious...

If your phone is under warranty and the screen needs to be replaced due a defect with the device, there is no cost to have the screen replaced at a retail store. However, if it?s not a warranty issue, the cost of having the screen replaced is $199.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 3 Dead?

I want to eBay off my iPhone 3 now that I have a 4. So I removed the sim card and put it into the 4. I then did a reset all to remove the data stored. I especially didn't want pix of my family and my music to go with the phone.

I accepted the warnings and then the phone said it'd take 2 hours to finish the reset. I left it on wall power to make sure it didn't run out of battery during this time.

After the progress bar made it all the way showing that the data had been all erased, the phone went to a dim gray screen with an Apple logo in the middle. It's the same screen as you see at boot up. After then, nothing changed for hours.

I eventually shut the phone down by pressing the on/off and home buttons at the same time because the on/off alone wasn't effective. When I tried restarting using the on/off button, the phone goes to the logo screen but never finishes the boot up. Does it need the sim to boot? It didn't need the sim to boot before the data reset.

Ideas? Thanks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
you guys are hilarious $99 or $199 the point is that it's cheaper than doing it yourself and messing up a much more expensive peice of hardware. Anyway GL to the OP.

BigB

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
That front glass from eBay won't do you much good unfortunately.

The glass, digitizer, and LCD screen are all glued together and should be replaced as one unit.

Check out ifixit.com they sell the front assembly for $149 and thier site has detailed instructions on how to swap it out. They can also sell you the tools you will need if you decide to do it yourself.

iPhone 4 Display Assembly (821-0999, 821-0695-A) - iFixit

E350

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I replaced the cracked screen on my daughters ipod touch with a screen bought on ebay, it works fine, but it was a major pain in the a** for me to replace it.
T.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I would spend the $199 and let apple swap out your iP4 for another. Screen replacement on iP4 isn't for the faint of heart.

LWGinger

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow, 149 dollars for the screen at ifixit...thatd be a great deal if you couldnt get the repair done for you for 80-90 bucks at places online. I was looking here several days ago after googling for help when I broke my iPhone 4 and almost paid that price to do it myself. I ended up sending it to iRepairfast.com, and already got my phone back today. it looks like new and I only paid 80 bucks!

just my 0.02 :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I can get screens for less than 50 bucks but the repair can take a lil while and it voids your warranty I you still have one

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
This just happened to me last week. I looked into replacing the screen but broke down and went to Apple instead. I was prepared to spend 199 to swap my broken iPhone for a new one but I was pleasantly surprised when they told me it was only gonna be 149. Also another point to make is that they are able to tell if you replace your screen and if something else happens to your iPhone they will not help you because you voided your warranty. Hope this helps you out in making your decision.

gogorocky

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
$149 is really expensive, why not buy them online? Many sites are selling these Digitizer LCD Display Screen + back cover for only $50 bucks more or less, check this site if you don't know where to go.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
if its 199 then might as well just get a new phone

I don't think that makes sense, as a used iPhone that works will set you back at least 300, and a new one will almost double that. Spend $199 for a new screen and you've got a used iPhone, and unlike a phone you buy used, you know how your used phone was treated. Sounds like a better deal to me, if you want someone else to do the fix.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative