while they been saying a Verizon compatable iPhone for years, I really think the recent round of rumors may be true. AT&Ts contract is just about up, and the recent rumors have been reported, not by some random tech site or blog but rather reliable, trusted sources. All three have been around a long time, longer then some of the kids who visit this site have been alive.With LTE rolling out and on top of the iPhone 4 drama, early 2011 may be a perfect time. They may not even have to have a June launch. (They will save that for Mac OSX lion) Remember, they don't have to launch the phone in June. They can change it to any time they want.
    10-29-2010 02:16 PM
    It's true. This recent set of rumors does seem the most feasible, but I have to take this with a grain of salt. Verizon's been close with apple lately, which could point to a deal - but it may simply be a deal to get people to stick with verizon and not switch to ATT, because they're banking on an iPhone coming soon...
    10-29-2010 02:23 PM
    It's true. This recent set of rumors does seem the most feasible, but I have to take this with a grain of salt. Verizon's been close with apple lately, which could point to a deal - but it may simply be a deal to get people to stick with verizon and not switch to ATT, because they're banking on an iPhone coming soon...
    Plus the iPad is at verizon. They had to have made a deal with Apple, and its no brainer that they talked about the iPhone.

Plus, jobs doesn't really need to confirm anything. I mean, look at gizmodo.
    10-29-2010 03:19 PM
    For what it's worth, the Wall Street Journal has reported a Verizon iPhone in the past and nothing has come out of it.

I'm not saying that it won't happen. Competition between carriers will be a win for Consumers.

I do know this: LTE won't be in the iPhone until version 6 at least (been reported from Apple already), but LTE is a worldwide standard, not just Verizon. 3 out of the 4 carriers in the US are going to it, and I've heard about a lot of other carriers (European mostly, but I'm sure Asian as well) that are also going to it, so it definitely makes sense.
    10-29-2010 03:39 PM
    For what it's worth, the Wall Street Journal has reported a Verizon iPhone in the past and nothing has come out of it.

I'm not saying that it won't happen. Competition between carriers will be a win for Consumers.

I do know this: LTE won't be in the iPhone until version 6 at least (been reported from Apple already), but LTE is a worldwide standard, not just Verizon. 3 out of the 4 carriers in the US are going to it, and I've heard about a lot of other carriers (European mostly, but I'm sure Asian as well) that are also going to it, so it definitely makes sense.
    True, but that is in the past. If you take all that I said, you'll see what I mea.

And when did Apple confirm it?
    10-29-2010 04:03 PM
    I hope it happens soon. It'll free bandwidth on AT&T and we'll see if Big Red can handle the increased network traffic. It'll be fun to watch...
    10-29-2010 04:03 PM
    I will happen and happen sooner than later. My father is clinging to those first quarter rumors wholeheartedly, poor fella....
    10-29-2010 04:08 PM
    Not true until it's official from Apple, but I'd say it's extremely likely. I hope AT&T has a mass exodus so I can hog up even more bandwidth for torrents.
    Last edited by ghostface147; 10-29-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    10-29-2010 05:29 PM
    Not true until it's official from Apple, but I'd say it's extremely likely. I hope AT&T has a mass exodus so I can hog up even more bandwidth for torrents.
    unless there is another gizmodo like leak, but from an internal Verizon rep or leak of internal parts with a CDMA chip.
    10-29-2010 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD