IOS4.1 causing battery drain?

kmb3333

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I just downloaded the IOS 4.1 yesterday for my 3GS and since that time, my battery has been draining at an alarmingly fast rate. Has anyone heard anything about this new IOS being linked to this problem? If not, what else could it be? Need help please.

Thanks!

cwitt

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I am running jb and ultrasnow1.1-1 unlocked iOS4.1 on a 3Gs and the battery life is horrendous. Probably less than 4 hours. If anyone knows how to correct besides downgrading (no saved SHSH blobs), please tell me.

kellyp513

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I purchased an unlocked, jb 3GS 4.1 a few weeks ago and the battery life was just horrible. After trying many things, what worked for me was turning off cellular data. My battery life is vastly improved - I'm charging it at night, but that's only because I like to have a fully charged battery to start the day.

NickCurtis

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded the IOS 4.1 yesterday for my 3GS and since that time, my battery has been draining at an alarmingly fast rate. Has anyone heard anything about this new IOS being linked to this problem? If not, what else could it be? Need help please.

Thanks!
You can try following these steps:

1. First, you need to disable/check location services because more or heavy traffic location services usage can result in poor battery life.
2. Check Internet tethering. May attempting to establish a tethering connection that will eventually drain your battery life
3. Bad apps to blame? Apps incompatible with iOS 4.1 can also cause poor battery life
4. Reset Push accounts or turn off Push.
5. Calibrate the battery. Let it empty and recharge again. Check for excessive battery drain.
6. (use as a last resort) Restore, but not from a backup

I hope that this will help.

Credit : Elisha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal