What more do you want in the Next iPhone?

What to expect in iPhone 5?

• Slide out qwerty keyboard

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Optical trackpad with a touchscreen

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • A much larger touchscreen

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • iPhone 5 to use the same charger as a Mac would

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Louder speakers (Maybe 2 speakers below) and a mic on the top

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • New design

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And the headphone jack...so where the initial post wanted synching for data transfer and charging, and wireless headset support only (eliminating the headphone jack)...you responded saying "thats the way it is now"...again, a case where you should prob read before hitting that submit button, and save yourself the confusion.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
How about more storage. As already mentioned 64gb or 128gb. Or better yet how about a slot for microsd so I can expand my memory options. Not holding my breath.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I doubt they'll ever give you an external micro SD slot...they seem to have made that clear since the first iPhone was released. Expanded storage range i doubt would exceed 64GB on the iPhone until cheaper SSD is available widely...and that is still a good year or two away (much to the dismay of new macbook air owners who will most likely have to drop $500 plus for SSD upgrades on the new MBA's).

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Could've included stuff like "slightly larger touch screen", "notification light", "64GB storage", "faster processor and/or GPU"...

Stainless steel on the back would be amazing.

Agreed. I would like the touchscreen to be a bit larger..."much larger" makes it sound like I want it to be an iPad ;)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
dear lord no slide out keyboard that is so backward. Anyway I know Apple would never do that thank god. I would love a pulldown taskbar like Android for messaging. An increase in specs would be good, more RAM and faster processor. Finally some custom SMS tones and the ability to assign an avatar to SMS messages would be cool.

marcrott

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I want it to be like a normal phone in the respect of using Music you have on your phone as a ringtone. I shouldn't have to jailbreak my device to use regular mp3's as my ringer. Also, I want to be able to change the email and message tones to different one's. And receiving emails instantly like on my old blackberry. But even with these annoyances, I still love my iphone4!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Keyboard? like I said, this isn't a sidekick. iOs will need to be rewriten to have the keyboard funcation removed.

iOS would actually not need any re-writing.. Bluetooth keyboard support was added in 4.0. It functions perfectly fine without the keyboard on the screen.

I agree that they shouldn't add a keyboard but I just wanted to point out that what you said was entirely false.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Jobs has said alot of things that he has gone back on (e.g. third party apps)

I don't think jobs really said anything about 3rd party apps in the first keynote.

iOS would actually not need any re-writing.. Bluetooth keyboard support was added in 4.0. It functions perfectly fine without the keyboard on the screen.

I agree that they shouldn't add a keyboard but I just wanted to point out that what you said was entirely false.

Actully what your saying is false.

that's EXTERNAL. Slidedown keyboard would still be INTERNAL. There IS a difference,

Jindofox

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
That's a very odd list. The main thing I really want in an iPhone 5 is "more." I have a 3GS now, and if it weren't $700 for a no-commitment iPhone 4, I'd love one of those right now.

What I'd like to see:

Retina Display (a given, the main reason I want to upgrade early)
802.11n wifi (another given, just one I don't have)
Better battery life without sacrificing small size (hopefully a given)
Faster mobile network access (LTE reality by then?)
More storage and memory (512MB RAM/64GB storage would be fine)
Facetime everywhere (not just wifi)
Better free navigation (Android Google maps with traffic would be nice)
Lower price (or more hardware for the money)

I'd like to be able to do more stuff from the cloud, like wireless sync, and streaming my music collection.
GameCenter should back up saved games and other app data
Higher download limits, 20MB is not enough for most podcasts.

Stuff that needs to come from the carriers:
Unlimited data plans for everyone, or higher limits
Free tethering that uses existing data quotas, and allows wifi iPads to share
"more bars in more places"

Do not want:
keyboard (bulky, dorky)
notification light (I turn this off on my Blackberry, find it distracting)
massively HD camera (huge files complicate storage, backup, and transfer)

itrix

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I would really like Apple to redesign the location of the antenna for the next iPhone. iPhone 4 looks nice now and it has evolved into a better device. But maybe they should add a little more streamline on the outer casing so that make it more attractive.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Why would anyone want a physical keyboard on the iPhone? they are old hardware. The phones that use them now are only trying to phase in stubborn users who want to use the physical keyboard. Yet they don't realize that if every manufacturer was onscreen only those people would adapt. The iPhone was the first smartphone I would say I've used. I have never used any physical keyboard, until now. I've been using an HTC Dream and the physical keyboard is a pain in the arse. I can't wait to get my Bold 9650 and try their full keyboard but I'm pretty sure it will not impress me either.

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would really like Apple to redesign the location of the antenna for the next iPhone. iPhone 4 looks nice now and it has evolved into a better device. But maybe they should add a little more streamline on the outer casing so that make it more attractive.

Why? Theres no attenna issue, not a major one anyway.

I just want a phone that can do stuff. Theres more to the iPhone then just sex.

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
All I really want is to be able to use my bluetooth again...if the next iPhone fixes that problem I'll pay just about anything to get it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
that's EXTERNAL. Slidedown keyboard would still be INTERNAL. There IS a difference,

Man, I don't like to get too personal on here but you really think you know it all when you keep saying things that are totally ridiculous.

It would take probably 3 minutes for someone at Apple to code a version of iOS that supports a built-in hardware keyboard. The OS would not have to be completely re-written, as you said.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Man, I don't like to get too personal on here but you really think you know it all when you keep saying things that are totally ridiculous.

It would take probably 3 minutes for someone at Apple to code a version of iOS that supports a built-in hardware keyboard. The OS would not have to be completely re-written, as you said.

Again. The iPhone will never have a plastic keyboard. Jobs made it clear during the 2007 keynote. Why woild they invest so much in multi touch just to throw it away to a few stuborn people who still want a physical keyboard.