View Poll Results: What to expect in iPhone 5?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slide out qwerty keyboard

3 6.38%
  • Optical trackpad with a touchscreen

5 10.64%
  • A much larger touchscreen

24 51.06%
  • iPhone 5 to use the same charger as a Mac would

7 14.89%
  • Louder speakers (Maybe 2 speakers below) and a mic on the top

16 34.04%
  • New design

20 42.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    ^^^ BiteSMS puts the picture with the SMS when it comes in...pretty cool feature.
    10-31-2010 04:45 PM
    I want it to be like a normal phone in the respect of using Music you have on your phone as a ringtone. I shouldn't have to jailbreak my device to use regular mp3's as my ringer. Also, I want to be able to change the email and message tones to different one's. And receiving emails instantly like on my old blackberry. But even with these annoyances, I still love my iphone4!
    10-31-2010 05:51 PM
    I want to be able to change the email and message tones to different one's.
    Don't quote me on this, but I think 4.2 will fix this.
    10-31-2010 06:34 PM
    Keyboard? like I said, this isn't a sidekick. iOs will need to be rewriten to have the keyboard funcation removed.
    Every phone that is released with a keyboard is not a sidekick...
    its just a phone that appeals to a different group of people....
    10-31-2010 09:31 PM
    Every phone that is released with a keyboard is not a sidekick...
    its just a phone that appeals to a different group of people....
    Well Apple will never have a physical keyboard. Jobs said so him self in the 2007 iPhone introduction.
    10-31-2010 10:49 PM
    Keyboard? like I said, this isn't a sidekick. iOs will need to be rewriten to have the keyboard funcation removed.
    iOS would actually not need any re-writing.. Bluetooth keyboard support was added in 4.0. It functions perfectly fine without the keyboard on the screen.

I agree that they shouldn't add a keyboard but I just wanted to point out that what you said was entirely false.
    11-01-2010 11:40 AM
    Well Apple will never have a physical keyboard. Jobs said so him self in the 2007 iPhone introduction.
    Jobs has said alot of things that he has gone back on (e.g. third party apps)
    11-01-2010 02:41 PM
    Jobs has said alot of things that he has gone back on (e.g. third party apps)
    I don't think jobs really said anything about 3rd party apps in the first keynote.

iOS would actually not need any re-writing.. Bluetooth keyboard support was added in 4.0. It functions perfectly fine without the keyboard on the screen.

I agree that they shouldn't add a keyboard but I just wanted to point out that what you said was entirely false.
    Actully what your saying is false.

that's EXTERNAL. Slidedown keyboard would still be INTERNAL. There IS a difference,
    11-01-2010 02:57 PM
    That's a very odd list. The main thing I really want in an iPhone 5 is "more." I have a 3GS now, and if it weren't $700 for a no-commitment iPhone 4, I'd love one of those right now.

What I'd like to see:

Retina Display (a given, the main reason I want to upgrade early)
    802.11n wifi (another given, just one I don't have)
    Better battery life without sacrificing small size (hopefully a given)
    Faster mobile network access (LTE reality by then?)
    More storage and memory (512MB RAM/64GB storage would be fine)
    Facetime everywhere (not just wifi)
    Better free navigation (Android Google maps with traffic would be nice)
    Lower price (or more hardware for the money)

I'd like to be able to do more stuff from the cloud, like wireless sync, and streaming my music collection.
    GameCenter should back up saved games and other app data
    Higher download limits, 20MB is not enough for most podcasts.

Stuff that needs to come from the carriers:
    Unlimited data plans for everyone, or higher limits
    Free tethering that uses existing data quotas, and allows wifi iPads to share
    "more bars in more places"

Do not want:
    keyboard (bulky, dorky)
    notification light (I turn this off on my Blackberry, find it distracting)
    massively HD camera (huge files complicate storage, backup, and transfer)
    11-01-2010 03:51 PM
    I would really like Apple to redesign the location of the antenna for the next iPhone. iPhone 4 looks nice now and it has evolved into a better device. But maybe they should add a little more streamline on the outer casing so that make it more attractive.
    11-01-2010 03:55 PM
    Why would anyone want a physical keyboard on the iPhone? they are old hardware. The phones that use them now are only trying to phase in stubborn users who want to use the physical keyboard. Yet they don't realize that if every manufacturer was onscreen only those people would adapt. The iPhone was the first smartphone I would say I've used. I have never used any physical keyboard, until now. I've been using an HTC Dream and the physical keyboard is a pain in the arse. I can't wait to get my Bold 9650 and try their full keyboard but I'm pretty sure it will not impress me either.
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
    11-01-2010 04:27 PM
    I would really like Apple to redesign the location of the antenna for the next iPhone. iPhone 4 looks nice now and it has evolved into a better device. But maybe they should add a little more streamline on the outer casing so that make it more attractive.
    Why? Theres no attenna issue, not a major one anyway.

I just want a phone that can do stuff. Theres more to the iPhone then just sex.
    11-01-2010 04:56 PM
    All I really want is to be able to use my bluetooth again...if the next iPhone fixes that problem I'll pay just about anything to get it.
    11-01-2010 06:13 PM
    that's EXTERNAL. Slidedown keyboard would still be INTERNAL. There IS a difference,
    Man, I don't like to get too personal on here but you really think you know it all when you keep saying things that are totally ridiculous.

It would take probably 3 minutes for someone at Apple to code a version of iOS that supports a built-in hardware keyboard. The OS would not have to be completely re-written, as you said.
    11-01-2010 11:39 PM
    Man, I don't like to get too personal on here but you really think you know it all when you keep saying things that are totally ridiculous.

It would take probably 3 minutes for someone at Apple to code a version of iOS that supports a built-in hardware keyboard. The OS would not have to be completely re-written, as you said.
    Again. The iPhone will never have a plastic keyboard. Jobs made it clear during the 2007 keynote. Why woild they invest so much in multi touch just to throw it away to a few stuborn people who still want a physical keyboard.
    11-01-2010 11:56 PM
    I don't see a point in having a slide out keyboard. It isn't a droid. I do think that it will have more storage a 64 GB model would be nice even though 32 works fine for me. It will be the iPhone 5 not 4S.
    11-02-2010 12:12 AM
    I don't see a point in having a slide out keyboard. It isn't a droid. I do think that it will have more storage a 64 GB model would be nice even though 32 works fine for me. It will be the iPhone 5 not 4S.
    Exactly. Saying 4S sounds silly. This isnt the 3G or 3GS. Its the 5th gen iphone.
    11-02-2010 12:14 AM
    I would love a bigger Retina display...4" 4.3" would be awesome
    11-02-2010 09:07 PM
    I would love a bigger Retina display...4" 4.3" would be awesome
    It won't be retina display at that size. It would be waay too expensive to produce. The largest I see them going for iPhone 5 is 3.8", but it's not likely.
    11-02-2010 09:14 PM
    It won't be retina display at that size. It would be waay too expensive to produce. The largest I see them going for iPhone 5 is 3.8", but it's not likely.
    yea you have valid points...i guess i was dreaming a little bit...lol
    11-02-2010 09:39 PM
    For me, the phone is perfect as is. I guess I'd have to go for a design change which is likely due to the external antenna.
    11-03-2010 06:58 PM
    For me, the phone is perfect as is. I guess I'd have to go for a design change which is likely due to the external antenna.
    Same. Faster processor couldn't hurt though, sometimes opening folders has a tiny lag that gets a bit annoying.
    11-03-2010 09:24 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD