I'm currently a BlackBerry user but will be ditching my BlackBerry and getting the iPhone 4. But I have some questions that I'm hoping you iPhone experts can answer.

On my BlackBerry I have a lot of notes saved on the "memo pad", and also have all my passwords saved on "password keeper". When I get the iPhone, how can I transfer all this info from the BlackBerry to the iPhone without having to type it all in manually. And also all my contacts too.

I hope you guys can shed some light on this. Thank you.
    10-28-2010 10:02 AM
    There may not be a way to do it, you need a third party service. For the notes I would say get them onto your computer and then start an evernote account; it's free. And put the notes on evernote which will sync them with their servers. When you get your iPhone download the evernote app and it will sync up. For the passwords you should look for a similar service if that app does not already sync outside of your BB.

What contact service do you use?
    10-28-2010 10:35 AM
    Email the notes...then save into the iPhones notes.

Because Password Keeper is a BB licensed tool...direct transfer wont be possible. I'd simply copy and paste onto a document and then enter them into the iPhone manually...there are websites that say they have these ways around transferring but they look so complex and PITA that manually would prob prove to be less time consuming honestly.
    10-28-2010 10:42 AM
    If you are connected to BES the notes will be saved on the server, and sync with iphone's notes app. However, I would still do as above and email each note and save just to be safe. I did the former when I switched without issues

As far as password keeper I had this same issue. I just bought 1password and now keep everything in there. I had to transfer manually. I'm pretty sure there is no way to take that data out as it is encrypted with the only key being on the bb.
    10-28-2010 01:57 PM
    My notes are not synced with my exchange server. Instead I sync them using iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-28-2010 02:38 PM
    See if you can sync your contacts with a Yahoo mail account then add that account to your iPhone.
    10-29-2010 11:26 AM
    If you are going to upgrade in an ATT store they will transfer your contacts from your BB to your iPhone. They have done it for me as well as my GF and several other people that I know. As for notes, like another poster said Evernote is your best bet. Welcome to the dark side.
    10-29-2010 11:47 AM
    I would just sign up for a free gmail account. You can sync your contacts and notes over to their servers, then when you set up your iPhone 4 sync all the information back to your iP4. I am a huge fan of 1Password, it's a fantastic replacement for the BB Password Vault.
    10-29-2010 11:52 AM
    Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.

This is what I ended up doing. Using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software I was able to sync all my contacts, memos, and calendar with Outlook. Ive only used the blackberry desktop manager before to do backups, I never knew it had this "sync" function. Once I had everything on Outlook, I then plugged in my iTouch and using iTunes inwas able to sync all my contacts, memos, and calendar to the iTouch. So the only thing I need to now work on is saving/transfering all my passwords from Password Keeper to an app on my iTouch. I found the following app: Keeper Password and Data Vault. Looks pretty kool. Only thing is that looks like I'm going to manually enter each record in one by one, as there seems to be no other way to sync the info from password keeper to this app, or any other really.

I actually didn't mention before in my original post that I have an iTouch. I got it about almost year ago. And have loved it so much that it is the reason I'm ditching my blackberry and getting the iPhone. And now that I have all my data on my iTouch, once inter the iPhone, it should be much easier to transfer all my stuff from the iTouch to the iPhone,,,,,correct?
    10-29-2010 01:53 PM
    Once you get the iPhone, just sync it to the same iTunes account as your iPod Touch.

Password Keeper, btw, has no export function. So no matter what you move to you'll have to enter everything by hand. DataVault is awesome, and in a version coming out (hopefully!) in about a week, it will have some incredible new backup/sync features that will definitely make it best in class.
    10-29-2010 02:09 PM
    Once you get the iPhone, just sync it to the same iTunes account as your iPod Touch.

Password Keeper, btw, has no export function. So no matter what you move to you'll have to enter everything by hand. DataVault is awesome, and in a version coming out (hopefully!) in about a week, it will have some incredible new backup/sync features that will definitely make it best in class.
    By syncing it to my iTunes account, you mean when I first plug it into my PC I will have the option of doing so?

I will check out DataVault,,,thanks.
    10-29-2010 02:34 PM
    +1 on 1Password. I scored 1Password Pro a while ago when it was free. Love the Dropbox Sync. With Winmo and BlackBerry, I used eWallet. I started using 1Password after switching to the iPhone because I already had it. Until eWallet does dropbox sync with an app on my Mac, no way I would ever leave 1Password.

I would just sign up for a free gmail account. You can sync your contacts and notes over to their servers, then when you set up your iPhone 4 sync all the information back to your iP4. I am a huge fan of 1Password, it's a fantastic replacement for the BB Password Vault.
    10-30-2010 01:44 PM
    Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.

This is what I ended up doing. Using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software I was able to sync all my contacts, memos, and calendar with Outlook. Ive only used the blackberry desktop manager before to do backups, I never knew it had this "sync" function. Once I had everything on Outlook, I then plugged in my iTouch and using iTunes inwas able to sync all my contacts, memos, and calendar to the iTouch. So the only thing I need to now work on is saving/transfering all my passwords from Password Keeper to an app on my iTouch. I found the following app: Keeper Password and Data Vault. Looks pretty kool. Only thing is that looks like I'm going to manually enter each record in one by one, as there seems to be no other way to sync the info from password keeper to this app, or any other really.

I actually didn't mention before in my original post that I have an iTouch. I got it about almost year ago. And have loved it so much that it is the reason I'm ditching my blackberry and getting the iPhone. And now that I have all my data on my iTouch, once inter the iPhone, it should be much easier to transfer all my stuff from the iTouch to the iPhone,,,,,correct?
    Are you sure your memos synced to your itouch as well? Does it have a notes section, like iphone? I have been afraid to buy an iphone because of heavy reliance on my Blackberry memos. Have not seen anything other than your post which claims that the memos actually transfer. Do they transfer into notes?
    I have 221 memos on my BB.
    12-29-2011 11:10 PM
    Are you sure your memos synced to your itouch as well? Does it have a notes section, like iphone? I have been afraid to buy an iphone because of heavy reliance on my Blackberry memos. Have not seen anything other than your post which claims that the memos actually transfer. Do they transfer into notes?
    I have 221 memos on my BB.
    Yes, I can confirm that all of my memos did transfer by doing the steps I mentioned.
    12-30-2011 04:16 PM
    Wow this got necroed lol
    12-31-2011 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD