Seeing as the White iPhone 4 may not ever see the light of day. Could anyone who knows of a reputable Black to White iPhone 4 Conversion Service, could you post links here please?

The ones I know of so far are...(Don't have any experience with these listed, but if you do, please share).

UK
    White iPhone 4 Black to White Service

US
    iPhone Repair - iPhone White Conversion - iPhone Screen Replacement - - iFixDirect

US
    Convert Your Black iPhone 4 to a White iPhone 4!
    10-28-2010 04:46 AM
    Nobody? Surprising.!
    10-29-2010 04:09 AM
    10-29-2010 05:00 AM
    10-29-2010 05:24 AM
    There are many companies that offer this; however, remember that your warranty will be voided.
    Mickyfin likes this.
    10-29-2010 08:51 AM
    And even then, the white iPhone is fugly.
    10-29-2010 09:41 AM
    Hmmm, $169 to make your iP4 white? ... Don't think I want to do it, would rather wait and see if a white one comes out next year.
    10-29-2010 12:20 PM
    Haha, what a truly niche market. These guys have formed a business around changing the color of iPhones! Prob not as profitable as the million-dollar diamond encrusted iphone though. But same concept.
    10-29-2010 02:28 PM
    Haha, what a truly niche market. These guys have formed a business around changing the color of iPhones! Prob not as profitable as the million-dollar diamond encrusted iphone though. But same concept.
    I wouldn't call it so much of a business, but more of an opportunity to provide something that all iPhone users wanted. The idea was bread through the simple desire for having a white iPhone and plus its not just about the color swaps, its about being able to come to company where trust is established and it is secondary to their choice of Apple. Affordability is a factor, yes, but there is always that idea of pure customer satisfaction.

We appreciate your mention of iFixDirect, Mickyfin. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
    10-30-2010 01:47 AM
    If anyone has done this through ifixdirect, please post about your experience and how you think it turned out etc. This might be a good tax refund treat for myself!
    10-30-2010 04:49 PM
    I think the white iphone is gorgeous....
    everything else nowadays is black
    so white is a rarity and it looks pretty!
    10-30-2010 05:55 PM
    Here is one of the reviews from iphone4 forum, it will be finalized by next week and more reviews are coming soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=7v7zTtsxhOA
    Mickyfin likes this.
    10-30-2010 07:19 PM
    I wouldn't call it so much of a business, but more of an opportunity to provide something that all iPhone users wanted. The idea was bread through the simple desire for having a white iPhone and plus its not just about the color swaps, its about being able to come to company where trust is established and it is secondary to their choice of Apple. Affordability is a factor, yes, but there is always that idea of pure customer satisfaction.

We appreciate your mention of iFixDirect, Mickyfin. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
    Your welcome. I have been in touch with a company in the UK now, as I would prefer to deal with a company in Europe, no offense to yourselves, or any US company, but I hear horror stories on customs.

I plan on buying the complete white kit including White headphone jack, and white dock connector, and have been quoted by iPhoneFixed.co.uk 189.15 which includes delivery to Finland to registered post.

I was quoted $330USD from whiteiphonenow.com
    11-01-2010 03:44 AM
    And another one, this sounds too good to be true. Its a US company, and they are selling the complete front, and back, with home button, all in white for just $189USD

iPhone 4 White LCD & Digitizer + Full Back Glass + Home Button Kit

Anyone got any information or experience with this company?

Thanks in advance!
    11-01-2010 09:24 AM
    Just an update guys, I have just placed an order, and paid via paypal for all of the white counterparts for my iPhone 4 from iPhone Repairs and Original Apple Spare Parts - iPhoneFixed.co.uk

This company is the one based in Wales, and I have family nearby to their offices too, but they appear very professional, and extremely helpful via email, I would imagine all will be fine, and the purpose of me documenting my doings here is that hopefully this info will help someone else who is planning on converting their black iphone 4 to white too.

I order all the white parts except the white dock connector which they sadly didn't have in stock, but are getting new stock later next week.

Parts ordered are as follows..

1 x Complete White Front Glass with LCD & Digitizer for iPhone 4
    1 x White Glass Back for iPhone 4
    1 x Home Button in White for Iphone 4
    1 x White Headphone jack & Connections for iPhone 4

Paid via paypal, via their website, all went smoothly. Will keep you guys posted.

Total 174GBP inc shipping
    11-02-2010 10:22 AM
    I'd love to do it, but after waiting this long I might as well just save the money and stick with the black.
    11-02-2010 11:13 AM
    I know how you feel my friend, and I was waiting too for white, but seeing as Apple cancelled the White iPhone 4 altogether, I decided to do it myself. When I set my mind, and heart on something I strive to get what I want, and to do that I have to sacrifice certain things. I just sold my rare white Nokia N86 to fund the parts for this conversion. I just hope the parts, and fitting all goes to plan now.

I will be documenting everything, and taking questions should anyone wish to ask anything regarding the parts, and fitment.
    11-02-2010 12:01 PM
    Further update for you guys. I received my invoice today from iphonefixed.co.uk confirming my order, and that the parts will be set out to me quickly. The invoice is below for you to see, with my address removed. Looks very professional, and well presented.

11-03-2010 02:16 AM
    I'd love to do it, but after waiting this long I might as well just save the money and stick with the black.
    Yeah same. I'll get the white iPhone 5. lmao
    11-03-2010 09:25 AM
    My iphone has shipped, so too has the white counterparts. Will update as and when.
    11-04-2010 03:53 AM
    Update guys. No parts arrived in today's post so emailed iphonefixed.co.uk, asking if they could email me the tracking number for the Royal Mail International Signed For package for my parts, and as of yet they have not emailed me back

I have however informed them in the same email that several big Apple sites are looking forward to my experience with buying from them, these forums, and many others inc TIPB.com, Mac Forums, Everythingicafe, and more, so its in their best interest to see this through, and deliver as I can potentially put a lot of business their way.

Fingers crossed I will get a tracking number very soon.

I will keep you guys posted.!
    11-05-2010 03:20 PM
    That iphonefixed.co.uk site appears to be down. Hope you didn't get scammed.
    11-05-2010 04:24 PM
    Its working for me, I suspect they were updating their stock of parts my friend thats all.

Still no email back about my tracking number though.
    11-06-2010 02:52 AM
    Update, tracking number emailed from iphonefixed.co.uk, and parts have arrived in Finland. All being well they will be here tomorrow.

11-07-2010 05:07 AM
    Every time I go to iphonefixed.co.uk, I get this:

Database error: MySQL server has gone away (2006)
    Invalid query: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM cscart_access_restriction WHERE type='d' AND '92.168.32.205' LIKE REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(value, '_', '\_'), '?', '_'), '*', '%')

Backtrace:
    File: /home/iphonefi/public_html/core/fn.database.php
    Line: 224
    Function: db_error
    Line: 92
    Function: db_query
    File: /home/iphonefi/public_html/addons/access_restrictions/func.php
    Line: 112
    Function: db_get_field
    File: /home/iphonefi/public_html/addons/access_restrictions/func.php
    Line: 197
    Function: fn_domain_is_blocked
    File: /home/iphonefi/public_html/core/fn.control.php
    Line: 62
    Function: fn_access_restrictions_user_init
    File: /home/iphonefi/public_html/core/fn.init.php
    Line: 619
    Function: fn_set_hook
    File: /home/iphonefi/public_html/init.php
    Line: 139
    Function: fn_init_user
    File: /home/iphonefi/public_html/index.php
    Line: 13
    Function: require

Database error: MySQL server has gone away (2006)
    Invalid query: SHOW COLUMNS FROM cscart_sessions

Backtrace:
    Line: 224
    Function: db_error
    Line: 24
    Line: 395
    Function: db_get_array
    Line: 421
    Function: fn_get_table_fields
    Line: 267
    Function: fn_check_table_fields
    Line: 197
    Function: db_process
    File: /home/iphonefi/public_html/core/class.session.php
    Line: 95
    File: /home/iphonefi/public_html/core/class.session.php
    Line: 69
    Function: save
    Last edited by TampaDude; 11-07-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    11-07-2010 12:31 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD