Delayed White iPhone 4?

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Now with this pushed again, I think Ill just wait for the iPhone 5 to come out to get it for my wife. Its pathetic! Got her all excited and then its pushed back even more.

Next subject, I think they are going to release the white iP4 with iP5 and probably make that a 8GB version. Just my thoughts.

bibeaud

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
How can a different color affect manufacturing this much? There has to be more to this story than Apple has let us know.

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
How can a different color affect manufacturing this much? There has to be more to this story than Apple has let us know.

Not being smart, but what else could it be? They obviously have a successfully working iphone 4 in black, what other difference would there be with a white phone other than color? I completely agree with the notion that something seemingly as simple as color would delay a product so long, but i really don't think anything else would be holding this up.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I think the problem is that they barely have enough prototyping machines to keep up with the demand that already exists for the black iPhones. Also there's the rumors of light leakage on the white iPhone for whatever reason.

But I think if they're gonna delay it that long though, just don't release it. It's an insult to release it right before the next-gen iPhone comes out. Honestly that's just stupid.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Another big rumor is that the home button color didnt match the white case color...by a pretty substantial amount. And that they were trying to figure out a fix for this...rumor rumor rumor rumor...either way, its funny to me, if they released nothing but white ones, people would be scurrying for a black one (like when the macbooks released a white and black model)...

Buy a white one, then go on ebay and buy the legitimate white back glass...replace and viola! White iphone (sorta)...

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
I have been waiting for the white model from announcement, and today decided to order black, and get oem parts, and change the colour myself.

Yes, I know about warranty, and do actually fix phones as a hobby, so I know I can do it, but you can't beat an oem white factory iphone 4, but next best thing is to make your own.

If these outlets offing the cover conversion service, and outlets selling the oem white covers, how come these are the correct colours, but Apple can't match the colours?!? Confusing.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's fuel to the fire:

In addition to the other issues with the white phone (I too have heard about the home button being off by a very large amount), they may be delaying it again so they can redo the hardware to shut down the latest jailbreak.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ My concern wouldnt be the difficulty in installation, i would be paying attention to the color variation, or development as such (like with the older white iphones). I saw the full kits online anywhere from $225-$300 so you arnt talking a cheap upgrade just for a cosmetic change, and imagine if 3 months down the road, that white home button began yellowing...or even fading in color at all, and you have this obvious difference that just sticks out like a sore thumb...AFTER spending more than you prob spent on the phone itself for a case update...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2