Evan,

Wow, it means the world to us that a member of our community would put so much time, effort, and passion into building something like this.

Feels a bit like those community-driven Facebook for iPad apps, and that's a huge compliment for us.

Putting yourself and your app out there is also a tremendous act of courage. Feedback can be brutal but brutal feedback is the best way to learn, grow, and improve. Hopefully the community embraces your work and gives you productive input on what they love and what they think would help the app going forward.

("Unofficial TiPb app" would be hugely appreciated change as well, so I don't get your support emails and you don't get our hate mail )

Again, thanks. Awesome.
    Alli likes this.
    10-26-2010 11:39 AM
    Thanks Rene,

I needed to hear that :o

I will change the name .. could you just guide me how to do that ?

I will be sure to keep the app updated . On time.

I got some good reviews from the in-app feedback submission. I hope they keep coming.
    10-26-2010 11:52 AM
    it would have been great having this iphone 4g.. but still.. i find it not worth it buying one for just a phone..price=value? kind of unbalanced..
    10-26-2010 03:08 PM
    it would have been great having this iphone 4g.. but still.. i find it not worth it buying one for just a phone..price=value? kind of unbalanced..
    umm... wrong thread??
    10-26-2010 03:10 PM
    Guys , i have not been able to change the name.

does any one know how to change the name of an app live on the app store?
    all help will be appreciated.
    10-29-2010 05:43 AM
    Guys , i have not been able to change the name.

does any one know how to change the name of an app live on the app store?
    all help will be appreciated.
    No clue, I'm going to say this and I'm not being snide or rude, just a tid bit of advise, you might want to cover all your bases next time before doing something like this... Contact Apple and see if they can help you out or post over in the iOS developer forum.
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
    10-29-2010 11:00 AM
    Downloading now. Not bad looking although the ALL CAPS on the More page does not look good. Same thing with the text below the icons. It's a good start though.
    Last edited by SteveP; 10-29-2010 at 11:16 AM.
    10-29-2010 11:12 AM
    Pretty cool considering he is 15 ... Lot's of great stuff to come from him in the future. Thanks for your commitment and courage EVANLUTHRA ... Don't be discouraged, chin up and keep coding!!!

For me, Tapatalk is the benchmark ... I love that app.
    10-29-2010 12:26 PM
    No clue, I'm going to say this and I'm not being snide or rude, just a tid bit of advise, you might want to cover all your bases next time before doing something like this... Contact Apple and see if they can help you out or post over in the iOS developer forum.
    Agreed. Always best to double check your work before you hit the submit button.
    10-29-2010 03:27 PM
    Use Tapatalk as a benchmark. Look at the exact functionality they offer and try to offer MORE. Shoot for the stars and you will reach the clouds. If you accept defeat and think you can't do something like Tapatalk before you even try, you will end up with a crappy app.

Also please don't ALL CAPS everything... You may think it looks cool but everyone else finds it annoying.
    10-29-2010 06:42 PM
    Also please don't ALL CAPS everything... You may think it looks cool but everyone else finds it annoying.
    +1 Agreed
    10-29-2010 06:45 PM
    Reviewing your own app is not something you should be doing.

10-29-2010 06:53 PM
    I have my reservations. I would like an official app. Albeit, it seems using the web\safari is the best way to go at present.

Nonetheless, at least he tried; some of the rest of us don't even do that...
    10-29-2010 09:24 PM
    Sorry to all the hatred but I love taptalk for reading TIPB
    10-29-2010 09:28 PM
    thanks guys , i would try to keep these things in mind next time , i create a app!

i will remove the all caps feature and add ore functionality in updates.
    10-29-2010 09:42 PM
    thanks guys , i would try to keep these things in mind next time , i create a app!

i will remove the all caps feature and add ore functionality in updates.
    as well as not review your own apps.
    10-29-2010 11:16 PM
    i realized that to change the app name .. you just need to update the app!!

now its gonna be "unofficial tipb forums"
    so i am gonna put the app for review ! .. (if you guys want a different name .. speak now!)
    it doesnt contain anything new except the name change ..
    i havent found time to update the app.

any app developer can contact me if they wanna help for the source code . on evanluthra.developer@gmail.com

i have released 4 new apps :

DelhiMetro for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER APP for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Recipe Share for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Dubai Metro for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

please check em out if you have time ! they are free to download
    11-10-2010 06:42 AM
    again, why are you reviewing your own apps?
    11-10-2010 07:09 AM
    well sorry.
    i wasnt getting many reviews ..so i just did one .. hoping it would incite more.
    11-10-2010 08:21 AM
    here are a few stats about the Tipb Forums for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    after completing its first month.

store ranks :

# of top 100 stores 4
    # of top 500 stores 33
    # of top 1000 stores 42

highest ranks achieved (top free apps ) : 36 in Estonia
    43 in India

times downloaded: i dont want to reveal full info ..but it has been downloaded over 1000 times .

app reviews:
    Nov 21, 2010 by cory coraggio
    Good app - If u want to know about apple this is good also check out taw it really good about apple
    Version 1.0
    Nov 10, 2010 by Chris Gonzales
    Great.... as a forum reader - I don't really get this app at all. All you can do is just read the forums. Everything is in caps. Its not good.
    Version 1.0
    Nov 4, 2010 by bizarderic
    Nice! - Would be even nicer if we could read the comments after the articles.
    Version 1.0
    Nov 2, 2010 by TLivingston
    Cool! - It's nice!
    Version 1.0
    Oct 26, 2010 by Yash06
    Awsom - What an app....INFORMATIVE
    Version 1.0
    Oct 25, 2010 by john ciisy
    good. hihgh time tipb should release an app.
    Version 1.0
    Oct 25, 2010 by Jeremy Stewart
    Bad app is bad - Sure, you can read the forums. But what good are forums if you can't interact with them? Instead it just opens in it your browser, and the site already has a great mobile theme which works great on the iPhone.. There's no need for this app. It's just bad.

7 Reviews
    1 star
    (1)
    2 stars
    (1)
    3 stars
    (1)
    4 stars
    (0)
    5 stars
    (4)

averaging at 4 stars.

ps. i have not been able to change the name .
    please help me .

in-app feedback:

Will we be able to reply to posts in the future?
    2010-10-25 16:00:10 n/a
    You can't reply to a post from within the app. That's really the only thing I see wrong with the app other than that, it's about time
    2010-10-25 21:45:10 n/a
    Hahah, love this app. Well done
    2010-10-26 08:37:37 n/a
    You can't see replies to posts only original posts
    2010-10-30 00:05:20 n/a

I just got this from Line2. Might be something good for you guys to put on TiPB front page. Idk just passing along some info.
    2010-11-21 06:05:08 n/a
    11-22-2010 10:10 AM
    I love Tapatalk as well. Is it ads free (Tipb)?
    11-22-2010 11:12 AM
    This app isnt worth it. Tapatalk is way Better.
    11-22-2010 11:22 AM
    yeah tottaly.

it is free and ad -free
    you can check it out on Tipb Forums for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    i didn't make this app to earn any revenue.(infact i dont make any of my apps to earn a a revenue. my dad gives me enough cash)

i just made it as a way to thanking tipb for keeping me updated on the latest apple gossip ..i thought thier was an app for all websites like TUAW and Mahable and made one for tipb. Even though this is not as good as thier apps.
    i have put the source code under GPL , if any one wants to pick up on improving the app.
    they can contact me on evan.luthra@gmail.com

and i know taptalk is way bettter . but it is also offering its services for a fee.
    this app currently serves as a forum reader. enabling to reply to posts would require a lot of backend .
    you can download this app and taptalk.
    Last edited by EVANLUTHRA; 11-22-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    11-22-2010 11:42 AM
    This app isnt worth it. Tapatalk is way Better.
    +1

Its bad enough hes out there reviewing his own apps, making people think its a really good one. There has got to be something ion the developer handbook that talks about not reviewing your own apps.
    11-22-2010 11:42 AM
    i used to has i hadnt read the devloeprs handbook.
    now i dont,

if you could tell me a way to remove my reviews i would .
    i hope you are happy.
    i am not forcing you to downland the app.
    it is up to.
    11-22-2010 12:05 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD