I recently replaced my iphone 4 screen and everything went perfectly except when people call or I call them I can hear everything they say but they can't hear me. Does anyone out there know the problem or what do I have to fix to make it work.
    10-20-2010 04:49 PM
    Did you disconnect the mic by accident? I replaced the faceplate for my Blackberry once and accidentally threw away the earpiece. It was a simple mistake, but I regretted it (went on a trip for a wedding the very next day)
    10-20-2010 05:08 PM
    Very strange. As liquidzoo mentioned, I'd make sure you didn't snag or unplug anything while replacing the screen. If you replaced it yourself, you may be out of luck, but you could at least try taking it into the Apple Store.

If you decide to take it into an Apple Store, be honest. Don't try to hide the fact that you replaced the screen yourself (if you did... if Apple did it, you've got no worries).
    10-20-2010 05:30 PM
    It may not be your fault, my iPhone 4 has the same problem, and I haven't done anything to it. Ive read online that others have had similar problems.

Try using voice notes or making a face time call, both work for me but people still cannot hear me on calls.

You should probably take it to the apple store or your carrier store and have them check it out.
    Last edited by lawls; 10-25-2010 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Forgot something..
    10-25-2010 08:18 PM
    First you need to make sure that you plugged the speaker wire back in. Also I have the invisible shield maximum on my phone and i had to cut it bc it went over my microphone on the top of the phone (the little black dot next to the head phone jack thats the mic used for facetime).
    10-25-2010 11:46 PM
    This happened to me at the Apple store when they replaced my cracked screen. Granted, I have a 3GS, but I assume the wire connection is similar in the i4. Anyway, at first, he gave me back my phone, and everything looked great, but he asked me to make a phone call just to check. Sure enough, the person I called couldn't hear me, so the technician took the phone back. 10 minutes later, he came out again, and he said that the wire has to be plugged in really tight or else the speaker won't work. I think you just have to go in again and make sure the wire is plugged in securely, and you'll be ok.
    10-26-2010 06:57 AM
    Hey thanks everyone still no luck I have no idea what it is. It's not the same as the 3g it has 2 mics that can affect the problem and I don't know which one so it makes the situation a little harder.
    10-26-2010 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD