I posted this on CrackBerry but didn't get a good answer so I thought I'd try you guys. Looking for a good Windshield Mount for my Iphone.

Anyone use one? Pictures help please.
    10-20-2010 12:07 PM
    ebay has cheap ones
    10-20-2010 12:23 PM
    I like the TomTom windshield mount. It's worked great for me so far.
    10-20-2010 12:27 PM
    I like the TomTom windshield mount. It's worked great for me so far.
    Grab pic of it if you can just curious to see how it looks.

Personal pics always look better than advertising pics.
    10-20-2010 12:58 PM
    10-20-2010 01:12 PM
    I have a nice mount, I can't remember the name of it but it actually attaches to my dash board so that it doesn't obstruct my view of the road.
    10-20-2010 03:47 PM
    I have a nice mount, I can't remember the name of it but it actually attaches to my dash board so that it doesn't obstruct my view of the road.
    How does it attach? Via screws?

Snap a pic of it and upload it?
    10-21-2010 07:59 AM
    I think after doing a little research for you I've decided I want the TomTom mount for my iPhone 4... LOL
    10-21-2010 08:36 AM
    I think after doing a little research for you I've decided I want the TomTom mount for my iPhone 4... LOL

Little pricey though no?
    10-21-2010 08:41 AM
    Little pricey though no?
    You can pick them up cheaper... Look around on ebay and craigslist.
    10-21-2010 09:19 AM
    Little pricey though no?
    A little. But the benefits are worth it. I've owned one since it came out ..bout a year i guess. Ebay had good values since many sold them not knowing it was an easy fix for it to work with iphone 4.

What i like:

No hassles. Simply put the iphone in mount...good to go. Easily snaps out of mount. No wires to mess with. Since the mount is plugged in and can also connect to your stereo, your phone is ready to play music the moment you snap it in the mount. Phone is charging. Mount has its own gps for better tracking.

Only con is you can't use a case. Not really a con for me since i don't like cases.

Also, the speaker in the mount is kinda useless. I don't even use it. Instead, i pair the phone with my BT stereo (which i really recommend).
    10-21-2010 09:19 AM
    Only con is you can't use a case. Not really a con for me since i don't like cases.
    Not even the bumper?
    10-21-2010 09:30 AM
    Not even the bumper?
    YEah thats a show stopper for me. I use the Ottorbox on my Iphone and no way in hell am I taking that thing on and off like that
    10-21-2010 03:00 PM
    try this Magellan - Premium Car Kit you can use any case
    10-21-2010 03:53 PM
    YEah thats a show stopper for me. I use the Ottorbox on my Iphone and no way in hell am I taking that thing on and off like that
    Look at proclipusa they have some good stuff, I bought from them before when I had my first gen iPod Touch.
    10-21-2010 03:58 PM
    Try this place: mountguys dot com Sorry, first post, can't include links!

I bought a RAM mount from them with a suction cup for the windshield when I had my BB. My iPhone 4 with Otterbox Defender fits in it perfect.

Don't waste your money on the $15 ones from eBay. This will cost you about $40 - $50 but you definitely get what you pay for. I broke two of the cheap ones, this one is bullet proof!
    10-21-2010 08:15 PM
    I bought and love this mount: Amazon.com: Satechi SCR-31 Car Holder & Mount for iPhone 4, 3G & 3Gs, BlackBerry, HTC EVO, DROID on Windshield and Dashboard: Electronics

It says that you can mount it to dashboards, but that is a lie. The little sticky disc they give you to mount on the dash sucks. For windshield mounting, though, nothing's better. It has two different holsters that you can attach to the swing arm. One will securely hold an iP4 with no case and the other is a more universal holster that will hold an iP4 with any case just as securely.

I love this mount and it is a fraction of the Tom Tom car mount kit price.
    10-22-2010 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD