Hello everyone. I have a question I'm hoping this community can help me with. I have an iPhone 3GS 32GB running iOS 4.1. Used to be jailbroken first with Blackra1n and then Spirit. Haven't re-jailbroken since the upgrade to 4.1 yet. My question is about using wifi transfer with the Photo Transfer App. I can't get the connection to the computer to work. I'm pretty tech savvy but this is beating me up. I have tried on Windows 7 and Vista. I have a router and have set up a virtual server to allow port 8080 and the iPhone IP address through the router. I have tried disabling Windows Firewall, and also set up inbound and outbound rules to allow port 8080 through. Still nothing. When I enter the IP address as indicated on the Photo Transfer App into the browser it just times out.

Any suggestions? This has to be a firewall issue I'm thinking but I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Rich.
    Last edited by dBMan; 10-20-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    10-20-2010 09:20 AM
    I've actually never touched any kind of Wifi transfer with my iPhone, but I do know that Macs have a capturing software for videos and photos. It's called "Image Capture".

Good luck,
    10-20-2010 05:33 PM
    I've actually never touched any kind of Wifi transfer with my iPhone, but I do know that Macs have a capturing software for videos and photos. It's called "Image Capture".

Good luck,
    Thanks. I'm on a PC. But I will be putting a Linux partition on so maybe that will work.
    10-21-2010 09:09 AM
    Bump!

Any other ideas folks?
    10-21-2010 09:12 AM
    this goes in the jailbreak section, you'll get better responses there
    10-21-2010 10:50 AM
    This is not a jailbreak issue. I'm using an App Store app called Photo Transfer App for copying photos to/from the iPhone over Wifi. There are other apps that support wifi transfer as well, all using the same procedure. Thanks.
    10-21-2010 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD