Well, some time ago I spilt wine on my iphone (3g) and it turned itself off, so before turning it back on I took the front off to dry inside, after putting it back together it worked fine except the backlight had gone. after a few days it started working for breif flashes and then eventually started working again, for about a week, then it stopped working again. it flashed on again a couple of times after that so I was hoping it would just start working again but it doesn't look like it gunna do. So anybody have any advice as to what exacly they think is wrong with it? I'm wondering if it's worth buying a new LCD screen? would this solve the problem or does it sound like the problem may be caused by somthing else

thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    10-19-2010 12:04 PM
    i know that if i had spilt water on on my phone i would do 2 things:

stick it in the fridge, because they suck moisture out and than if i have some rice ill fill a plastic bag and put my phone in it
    10-19-2010 12:48 PM
    Man that's a tough one. Obviously we can forget about having Apple helping you since it's water damaged. Sure the screen can be replaced easily, via instructions at iFixit.com, but I am more concerned about circuitry.
    10-19-2010 01:05 PM
    I agree with the rice thing. On day 6 of having our iphones, my wife spilt coffee on hers, which caused the speaker to not work anymore. I filled a tupperware container full of rice, place the phone screen down, put some more rice on top, and put the lid on the tupperware and let it sit over night. The next day it worked perfect, and I swear her speaker is louder than mine now.
    10-19-2010 06:26 PM

stick it in the fridge, because they suck moisture out and than if i have some rice ill fill a plastic bag and put my phone in it
    Clever tricks! I'll keep those in mind!

It sounds like a break down and clean up would be necessary.
    10-20-2010 05:46 PM
    Oh! No! Maybe you have to buy a new one!
    10-20-2010 10:14 PM
    I'd be more worried about the internal parts. Rice or the fridge may not help with that.

I'd take it in to the Apple store (or even a local authorized Apple reseller if you dont want to be with the crowds) and have them look at it.

Just be careful where you set drinks near electronic devices (this is advice for everyone)
    10-20-2010 10:42 PM
    Do you still have warranty. I think you can get a replacement since it seems to be pretty bad.
    10-21-2010 01:30 AM

wow! clever of you
    Didn't have an idea of such tricks!
    10-21-2010 05:11 AM
    Here is the Link that will fix you iphone backlight problem....

www.fonefixer.webs.com
    11-24-2010 03:41 AM
    There are several places that do water damage repair for about $100-$150, my sister dropped her iphone 3G in a pitcher of beer and she tried the race bag trick and nearly every other trick in the book and nothing worked. She spent $125 at a local shop that did water damage repair and a day later she got her phone back and its been working like a champ since. The thing was in the beer pitcher for prob 10-15 seconds she said, so obviously it soaked in.
    11-24-2010 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD