I love my Iphone 4, ive been a member of the Iphone family since its first release in 2007! And every year they make it better and better and BETTER!! Never been dissapointed, so i'm positive Steve has something special coming for the future of the Iphone but im just wondering what that is...

What does everyone else think? What can we expect from future Iphones that we dont already have?
    And moreover, what do you want most out of future Iphones that will make you want to upgrade (even early!) to the next Iphone!?
    10-18-2010 08:36 PM
    Hmm, well definitely more customization to each individual Iphone!! Like text ringtones without having to jailbreak would be great!
    10-18-2010 08:40 PM
    thats a software thing im thinking more along the lines of hard ware like maybe bluetooth 3.0

using the patent I reported on with the Screen doubling as a RFID antenna and broadcaster
    10-18-2010 08:53 PM
    • larger screen size (3.7, 4.0 4.1 or even 4.3)
    • Verizon and Sprint network
    • 64GB (there needs to be a cheep enough option for a single 654GB chip)
    10-18-2010 08:55 PM
    I would like a led status notification so I know I missed something without waking up the phone.
    10-18-2010 09:17 PM
    I would like a led status notification so I know I missed something without waking up the phone.
    There is a long article some where that cites steve jobs discussing this and pretty much saying it wont happen because if you check your phone you check your phone an Led is unnecessary and is either to basic , such as, its on you have a notification, or to complex (in apple's mind) with having to remember what different color combinations means
    10-18-2010 09:54 PM
    It would be pretty simple

New message: Green
    Missed call: Red
    Misc: Blue
    Other: Yellow

They could even light up the home button.

Regarding the screen sizes I said above I dont mean all of them. Just one of those sizes, perhaps a smaller, thier home button.
    10-18-2010 11:00 PM
    I'd like to see different colored iPhones. Like nanochromatic..I know that won't happen though since they can't even get white right.

I would like to see wifi sync, some sort of itunes streaming service added to mobile me, custom text tones, better cameras (current is great, but there is always room to improve), bigger screen, and maybe time machine back up to mobile me over wifi.
    jairo1daywrk4apple likes this.
    10-19-2010 02:09 AM
    no need to jb, more customizations and solar energy supply. hah...
    10-19-2010 05:06 AM
    I believe so lol
    10-19-2010 05:48 AM
    time was when I had an app like this ,but ...hmm
    10-19-2010 05:48 AM
    There is a long article some where that cites steve jobs discussing this and pretty much saying it wont happen because if you check your phone you check your phone an Led is unnecessary and is either to basic , such as, its on you have a notification, or to complex (in apple's mind) with having to remember what different color combinations means

Thats Steve for you!! He said an interview once, "i dont listen to what the customers want, because they really do not know what they want, until i show them."
    So the led notifications... guess we think we want them but we dont lol
    10-19-2010 10:45 AM
    no need to jb, more customizations and solar energy supply. hah...
    LMAO solar energy!! yeah i wouldnt put it past steve to give that a try! since he is a hippie!
    10-19-2010 10:47 AM
    I think iOS 6 or 7 will have springboard icons that can display data and animate, much like how we have LiveClock and WeatherIcon in Cydia.

Maybe even Dashboard will make a move to the iPhone. Then again, iOS 1 was basically Dashboard on-the-go anyway, so it may not matter. But possibly widgets that sit on the springboard and take up icon spaces.
    10-19-2010 12:10 PM
    I just came from a BlackBerry and I'm glad that iPhone4 does NOT have a LED notification. The LED on the BlackBerry is too distracting. If I saw it blink, it would interrupt about everything I was doing like watching a movie, dinner with the wife, and work. I'm a happier man without it. I would like to see in a future update are notifications on the lock screen. Something simple like a small e-mail icon in the in the status bar with a number next to it indicating the number of e-mails in my inbox. That can be expanded to Facebook, IM's, SMS notifications as well. A couple of other things I would like to see are video wallpapers, organize photos in folders, and wifi sync with iTunes. I know all this can be done with a JB, but really? These are things that should be standard in iOS.
    10-19-2010 02:22 PM
    A couple of other things I would like to see are video wallpapers, organize photos in folders, and wifi sync with iTunes. I know all this can be done with a JB, but really? These are things that should be standard in iOS.
    i wouldnt hold your breath on the video wallpapers simply because if i worked for Apple i would see it as a useless adition that would simply drain the battery. As for organizing photos in folders YES! That is something i am really hoping for in the near future.
    10-19-2010 04:30 PM
    yeah. No need for video wallpapers. Its a Phone after all.
    10-19-2010 11:14 PM
    Live wallpapers? Garbage. Battery drain.
    jairo1daywrk4apple likes this.
    10-20-2010 12:00 AM
    LMAO solar energy!! yeah i wouldnt put it past steve to give that a try! since he is a hippie!
    yeah, pray for him.
    10-20-2010 04:05 AM
    Heck I think a few small photo cells in the phone would be great for a maintence charge...
    10-20-2010 07:46 AM
    I think we will eventually see the combination of the iPad and iPhone into one single entity...and as far as solar panels go, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, with the tech getting cheaper, and the small real estate they have to provide for, it could be a next step.
    10-20-2010 08:09 AM
    I think we will eventually see the combination of the iPad and iPhone into one single entity...and as far as solar panels go, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, with the tech getting cheaper, and the small real estate they have to provide for, it could be a next step.
    not for another 15-25 years.

I'd just like Apple to get on the ball with Wireless syncing and just use a micro/mini (what ever its called) USB for charging or come up with their own port. The 30 pin port is nice, but I think its time for an update for the next decade. (and for the iPods 10th birthday next October)
    10-20-2010 11:35 AM
    Since Apple already owns our attention, maybe they can explain the meaning of love? =-)
    10-20-2010 02:19 PM
    My wish is a bit simpler, I would just like to see a more extended battery life to make it easier to take my iphone when i'm on the go and not have to charge it every day.
    10-20-2010 03:46 PM
    Chris 15-25 years are you kidding? in 3 years we've gone from the first Iphone to the Iphone 4 lol in 15 years i cant even imagine what "smartphones" will be like..
    and hoenstly i dont get why battery life is still so crappy on phones. I think they need to really experiment and figure a way out for insane battery life because all smart phones suck with battery.
    10-21-2010 08:52 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD