Metal back for iPhone 4!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
When you take off the original back there's a black line as well, just less noticeable, the black line exists on the the oem back, it's the black you see on each side of the steel band, i thought it would bug me too and it doesn't... it looks pretty sweet

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys i got my back i ordered as well. I got the flat back silver metal back and it messed with my signal..anyone else have that problem?

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Fitted mine today & looks great. No issues with signal or anything else - all just as it was with the glass back. Very happy with my purchase!

ryanlberg

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I ordered 2 of the orange*ones from cnn one for me and one for a friend who does not want it now. it's never been used or installed any one want to trade for a diff color

Last edited:

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Having used the phone & camera heavily over the weekend, the only issue I've noticed is a blue tinge across all of my pics where I've used the flash :-( As per below image.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ryanlberg

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
got mine today
phone.jpg

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Steve-O, you didn't happen to leave any plastic film over the lens or on the case, did you? I've seen that cause exactly that effect.

solardrgn

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
im planning on ordering one, but i have heard of signal loss issues for the flat and camera issues for the beveled. is anyone having any of these problems

thanks

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I got my flat metal back for my iPhone 4 in today.

Signal loss is minimal, and comes and goes (sometimes i have a small loss, sometimes i don't). Not a big issue.

The biggest issue is using the Flash on the camera. For close up photos, there is no issue, but for scenes like dark rooms, the Flash reflects inside of the camera and appears to create a blue haze on images.

I took the metal back off and looked at the area around the camera lens on both the glass and metal backs (I am looking at the INSIDE part of the back). The original glass back has a raised up area for the camera lens which appears to separate the LED flash from the camera. The metal back does not have this, and as such the LED flash spills over from within the phone itself.

cevmkv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
has anyone tried to install this on the verizon iphone? i like the idea but i want to see if it fits the verizon variant first.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
It will for the Verizon iPhone. As for voiding the warranty, yes it does. If anyone that isn't an authorized servicer of the iPhone opens the device, you will void any manufacturer warranty.

Will they know if you swap the case back before requiring a warranty exchange...no if you're careful. If you don't strip or damage the screws you'll be okay.