Looks awesome, but idk if I'd risk taking apart my iPhone especially since it's still pretty new.
    03-31-2011 12:00 PM
    Looks awesome, but idk if I'd risk taking apart my iPhone especially since it's still pretty new.
    I am the same way man.
    03-31-2011 12:14 PM
    It's incredibly easy. 2 screws. That's it. I have the silver one pictured in this thread. I took it off after a while. The raised sides started bothering me.
    03-31-2011 08:06 PM
    Looks great! Was thinking of getting one and so far all the feedback everyone left has been helpful. I understand that it increases the thickness a little. However, does anyone know if it would still fit in an Otterbox Commuter Case? Also, is the flash issue that bad (I guess specifically in the dark.)?
    03-31-2011 08:15 PM
    I want to order a silver "Branded" back like most ordered. I looked on the cnn.cn site and all I could find was "un-branded". Any help would be appreciated.
    04-01-2011 08:55 PM
    One of the sites says that the metal backs are not compatible with the Verizon iPhone. Anyone know the difference with the back between the AT&T & Verizon versions?

Found the answer to my original questions, too. They also have flat metal backs instead of the beveled ones so I guess those would fit fine in the cases.
    04-05-2011 02:36 PM
    Iarmor casing on Facebook have lots of colors
    04-05-2011 11:30 PM
    That looks very cool! Is anyone using one?
    04-07-2011 11:32 AM
    That looks very cool! Is anyone using one?
    There are pictures and reviews in this very thread.
    04-07-2011 12:39 PM
    that's so cool
    04-07-2011 12:54 PM
    what are some other sites with different backs for your iphone?
    04-07-2011 03:39 PM
    It's incredibly easy. 2 screws. That's it. I have the silver one pictured in this thread. I took it off after a while. The raised sides started bothering me.
    Thought you were still rocking your 3GS stud?? Lies??

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/2...cking-3gs.html
    Check the link, it's interesting.

So one day before your post you're rocking a 3GS, but a day after the raised edges on your iP4 backing sucks?? Interesting bro...iphones are magical apparently
    Last edited by touchyphone; 05-04-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    05-04-2011 03:21 PM
    That metal back gives the iphone 4 a MacBook Pro "look".
    05-04-2011 04:00 PM
    I agree with Ham Solo. Looks cool.
    05-04-2011 04:16 PM
    12,99 ? This is expensive !
    05-05-2011 08:39 AM
    got my metal back for my ViP today...still debating on putting it on...not sure i want to open the phone up lol
    05-05-2011 10:15 AM
    Wish they made a matching front. Or I would buy it. Have a case on so don't see the back anyway.
    05-05-2011 06:11 PM
    Has anyone bought this for the Verizon iPhone and had it successfully work? I am really close to buying one but I don't want to if it won't fit or the fit will be off.

I think they look really awesome.
    05-06-2011 01:20 PM
    Has anyone bought this for the Verizon iPhone and had it successfully work? I am really close to buying one but I don't want to if it won't fit or the fit will be off.

I think they look really awesome.
    The CDMA/Verizon iPhone has its own metal back. I posted pics in the Verizon iPhone forum.
    05-06-2011 01:24 PM
    UPDATE: After a week of use and additional testing, found no change in reception switched back and forth between OEM and metal back in different places. No noticeable loss of reception.

Compared pics and noticed no affect when adequate light available. If the picture subject is near in dim to dark light, some slight flash bleed and grainy pic. If subject further away, pic gets worse. Results were worsened when the diffuser was added. OEM back results in way better photos in dim light and total darkness.
    05-08-2011 02:25 AM
    CORRECTION: After testing photos with both backplates further, I found out that the real problem with the vignetting was actually due to my AGF case and improper installation. Figured this out because when my phone was in my Commuter case, no problems with vignetting. Noticed that the openings for the Commuter were larger for both the camera lens and flash (substantially larger for the flash). Also, the Commuter has a felt lining around the openings to prevent light from leaking into the lens portion. These small differences definitely make a difference in preventing vignetting so great job on the behalf of Otterbox. They apparently did their research. Could probably modify the AGF case to work properly, but not really wanting to mod it.

In regards to the improper installation, there is foam surrounding the flash inside the iPhone. This foam is there to prevent light from bleeding into the lens side. If you aren't careful while installing the backplate, you can misalign this foam which then results in vignetting with both the original backplate and metal backplate.

Did all this testing after removing the diffuser as the diffuser was a culprit too because it causes a lot of light to reflect back into the phone. My conclusion is that these aftermarket backplates are good if you want to be different or want the added protection. Haven't noticed a decrease in reception and pics come out close to the original backplate.

Weighed my phone with the metal back which was 5.6 oz compared to 5.0 oz with the original back.
    Last edited by wrxnfx; 05-16-2011 at 09:31 PM.
    05-10-2011 01:41 PM
    But you're not in a ceiling-to-floor, 4 glass wall and ceiling room are you? :P

If you were surrounded completely by glass and metal you wouldn't be able to make a phone call.
    Like in a car??? Duh!
    08-14-2011 08:33 AM
122 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD