Metal back for iPhone 4!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
This spreads fast. I just saw this on Apple's own forums and am seriously considering this mod. I'm just wondering if there is anyway for Apple to tell you took the back off? I would have to put the glass back on for any warranty work but could they figure it out?

BigB

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking at these myself.. first saw them (or a similar one) on ebay a few days ago.. They even had plastic ones in colors and other metal colors as well..

What I'm wondering is how well they fit in a case? and do they come with a camera lense installed?

Metal back with a bumper case might just be perfect..

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
There wouldn't be any effect on reception because the current back is NOT signal transparent either.

Checked it out and this thing looks UGGGGGLYYY.
The metal back on that crazy expensive one is MUCH nicer. This one changes the shape of the phone and has a horrible camera cut out... And the thick black around the edges.. Man this thing is ugly as hell.

It would be much better if the metal matched the stainless steel on the side, and if it didn't have the fake curve and black lines...

Last edited:

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Three words: RECEPTION RECEPTION RECEPTION!

Why don't people do research on this stuff before they actually purchase it and install it on their phones? You think you have signal problems now!?!? Well, just install that metal back on your iPhone 4 and you ain't seen nothing, yet!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Why don't people do research on this stuff before they actually purchase it and install it on their phones? You think you have signal problems now!?!? Well, just install that metal back on your iPhone 4 and you ain't seen nothing, yet!

The antenna is external on the iPhone 4. The band around the outside would not be covered.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

Considering their antenna is not inside the phone, it wouldn't hurt anything. Do your research. Duh.

dok

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
cnn is all good. i ordered from them back in my bb days. i even paid for expedited shipping and got my stuff in 4 days from china. lol!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

Buddy, do your own research. In fact you didnt even have to research, you simply had to read my post before yours in which I stated that the current backing is NOT signal transparent, so it doesn't matter what you replace it with.

The signal on iPhone 4 comes from only one place. It's external and the entire device could be aluminum as long as it has that one export point.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hey Jellotime what makes the current back not signal transparent? Is there some coating on the back of the glass?

Anyway, I ordered one of these. I happen too like the bevel and won't mind the black line if I use my bumper with it. Now the waiting game.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods