Got mine today, at long last - only took 6 weeks(!) Although I did get a screen protector as well for the delay.

It looks really nicely made & very sturdy. Just gotta find a screw-driver small enough now & then I'll get it fitted!
    I got mine last week as well and the install process is PAINLESS, but since I'm a guitar tech I had this screwdriver bit set handy and it's a #00 Phillips screw... here's the set I have, and it's cheap .... sure there may be a harbor freight near you, plus they are lifetime warrantied

33 Piece Precision Screwdriver Set

Hope it helps everyone....
    11-23-2010 06:51 PM
    On another note, I noticed the LED spot on the original back is kind of a beveled lens that may magnify the LED a certain way as the replacement doesn't, but haven't noticed any real difference in pics... not yet, i'll keep everyone posted as well
    11-23-2010 06:52 PM
    it has been 11 days since i ordered my metal back + 2 SIM removal tools (in place of the 1 from my 3G that I lost). On the 10th day I received an email saying it had shipped. Now I am just waiting for it to arrive.

I will still need to use a bumper, however. The place I live have a number of metal roofs at different heights and angles, which cause a NOTICABLE drop in signal strength, more so when I hold a non-bumpered iPhone 4. It was so bad I had to get a signal booster (not a micro cell, that thing cant get a reliable GPS lock due to the roof, same with my iPhones and a friends Droid, and positions itself within 2 miles of my locations, messing with it). I am using a zBoost.

Without Bumper and without Booster : No Service to -110
    With Bumper without Booster: No Service to -101
    No Bumper and With Booster: -110 to -90
    Bumper + Booster: -95 to -62
    11-23-2010 07:13 PM
    Oh man.. The black line around it drives me nuts.. And the colour difference between the back and the stainless steel band is just horrible. No way I could ever put that on my baby XD... Also the curve should be smoother.
    11-23-2010 08:04 PM
    Oh man.. The black line around it drives me nuts.. And the colour difference between the back and the stainless steel band is just horrible. No way I could ever put that on my baby XD... Also the curve should be smoother.
    you did read the part where he said there is no color difference when looking at it normally (aka, not via a photo), right?

"From some of the pictures I saw before hand, the metal looked like a completely different color than the antenna band around the phone, but in person the two are actually very close in color. The main difference is the finish."
    11-23-2010 08:17 PM
    When you take off the original back there's a black line as well, just less noticeable, the black line exists on the the oem back, it's the black you see on each side of the steel band, i thought it would bug me too and it doesn't... it looks pretty sweet
    11-23-2010 10:32 PM
    Hey guys i got my back i ordered as well. I got the flat back silver metal back and it messed with my signal..anyone else have that problem?
    11-24-2010 01:55 AM
    Not any problems at all, not on data calls or otherwise
    11-24-2010 02:44 AM
    I haven't experienced any signal problems so far.
    11-24-2010 08:34 PM
    Fitted mine today & looks great. No issues with signal or anything else - all just as it was with the glass back. Very happy with my purchase!
    11-25-2010 02:07 PM
    I ordered 2 of the orange*ones from cnn one for me and one for a friend who does not want it now. it's never been used or installed any one want to trade for a diff color
    Last edited by ryanlberg; 11-30-2010 at 02:45 PM.
    11-29-2010 07:53 PM
    Having used the phone & camera heavily over the weekend, the only issue I've noticed is a blue tinge across all of my pics where I've used the flash :-( As per below image.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    11-30-2010 01:50 PM
    got mine today
    11-30-2010 07:29 PM
    I heard those different cases and backings affect the camera flash.
    12-01-2010 08:02 PM
    Steve-O, you didn't happen to leave any plastic film over the lens or on the case, did you? I've seen that cause exactly that effect.
    12-01-2010 09:16 PM
    im planning on ordering one, but i have heard of signal loss issues for the flat and camera issues for the beveled. is anyone having any of these problems

thanks
    12-02-2010 12:54 AM
    I have had no cam or sig issues with the backplate been On for 2 days.
    12-02-2010 04:54 AM
    Steve-O, you didn't happen to leave any plastic film over the lens or on the case, did you? I've seen that cause exactly that effect.
    No, not at all. The casing was completely clear of any film, dirt, etc.
    12-02-2010 11:01 AM
    I got my flat metal back for my iPhone 4 in today.

Signal loss is minimal, and comes and goes (sometimes i have a small loss, sometimes i don't). Not a big issue.

The biggest issue is using the Flash on the camera. For close up photos, there is no issue, but for scenes like dark rooms, the Flash reflects inside of the camera and appears to create a blue haze on images.

I took the metal back off and looked at the area around the camera lens on both the glass and metal backs (I am looking at the INSIDE part of the back). The original glass back has a raised up area for the camera lens which appears to separate the LED flash from the camera. The metal back does not have this, and as such the LED flash spills over from within the phone itself.
    12-02-2010 01:12 PM
    Are there any US suppliers for this? CNN.cn seems to be sold out.
    12-02-2010 01:18 PM
    that's interesting.
    12-02-2010 01:19 PM
    Will this void the warranty?
    03-30-2011 02:54 PM
    has anyone tried to install this on the verizon iphone? i like the idea but i want to see if it fits the verizon variant first.
    03-30-2011 04:28 PM
    It will for the Verizon iPhone. As for voiding the warranty, yes it does. If anyone that isn't an authorized servicer of the iPhone opens the device, you will void any manufacturer warranty.

Will they know if you swap the case back before requiring a warranty exchange...no if you're careful. If you don't strip or damage the screws you'll be okay.
    03-30-2011 06:18 PM
    Looks pretty sharp.
    03-31-2011 11:23 AM
122 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD