I'm looking at switching to AT&T (3 iPhones, 700 mins, unlimited messaging, 2gb data for all lines) and I really don't feel like paying another $88 on top of $597 I'll be spending on iPhones. I'll most likely be going into the store to do this, so is there anyway I can asking them to waive the activation fee?

(Do they offer free activation during the holiday season?)

Should I say look, I'm spending just about $600 with you all and your not going to waive a activation fee? I'll take my business someplace else.

Also, is it better to go to an actual AT&T store, or is a authorized store ok (not Wal-Mart, an ACTUAL store just for AT&T wireless service)?

Thanks for any responses in advance.
    10-17-2010 09:14 PM
    Wal-Mart is by far the greatest authorized retailer I have ever dealt with. I called and they held my iPhone 4 for me. I paid no activation fee for an upgrade but good luck getting anything waived on a new contract.
    10-17-2010 09:39 PM
    AT&T usually runs waived activations on everything but the iPhone. A few months before the iPhone 4 came out, AT&T did run a promotion waiving the activation fee for the iPhone but I wouldn't expect that again until around April-May of next year.

If Verizon gets the iPhone AT&T may waive the fee to compete but who know if and when that will happen for sure?
    Last edited by j7469; 10-17-2010 at 09:52 PM.
    10-17-2010 09:50 PM
    I'm looking at switching to AT&T (3 iPhones, 700 mins, unlimited messaging, 2gb data for all lines) and I really don't feel like paying another $88 on top of $597 I'll be spending on iPhones. I'll most likely be going into the store to do this, so is there anyway I can asking them to waive the activation fee?

(Do they offer free activation during the holiday season?)

Should I say look, I'm spending just about $600 with you all and your not going to waive a activation fee? I'll take my business someplace else.

Also, is it better to go to an actual AT&T store, or is a authorized store ok (not Wal-Mart, an ACTUAL store just for AT&T wireless service)?

Thanks for any responses in advance.
    Your going to pay an activation fee more then likely. I always recommend going an Apple or an ATT store as they are the most knowledgeable about the product. As for your argument about taking your business some place else, well until the iPhone is on another carrier that is not going to be a very valid argument. Now if you ask nicely I think that they may be able to help you out. They waived it for me when I bought 2 3GS's about a year ago and that was at an ATT store.
    10-17-2010 09:50 PM
    See if your employer has a work agreement with ATT. My employer does and I get a 15% discount and they waived the activation fees for us as part of that deal.
    10-18-2010 09:49 AM
    Dtungate,

Please read the forum rules. No need for duplicate threads.

Closed your other one.
    10-18-2010 11:48 AM
    Your going to pay an activation fee more then likely. I always recommend going an Apple or an ATT store as they are the most knowledgeable about the product.
    shhh. Not all the time.
    10-18-2010 11:51 AM
    All three of us that will be getting the iPhone are eligible for a discount(even though one discount can be accepted), so maybe they'll give us a break.
    10-18-2010 05:31 PM
    If you can afford 3 iPhones and service for them how can you not afford activation fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-18-2010 05:44 PM
    Everybody is buying their own. I'm not rich....
    10-18-2010 06:57 PM
    Everybody is buying their own. I'm not rich....
    Make them pay it then. If they really want iPhones that might be the price they have to pay. But like I said ask nicely and see what they say.
    10-18-2010 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD