is there a way for it let u no as soon as u get an email on the iphone 4?
    10-17-2010 07:48 PM
    You have to have an email account with push service. For example , Microsoft exchange, Gmail( active sync NOT Imap) then Push must be turned on in the email settings of the iPhone. What email service are you using ?
    10-17-2010 07:51 PM
    i have aol can i do it with that?
    10-17-2010 11:51 PM
    i have aol can i do it with that?
    I don't think that AOL can bet set up through exchange. I could be wrong though so if I were you I would google how to set up an AOL account through MS exchange on iPhone.
    10-18-2010 12:03 AM
    alright ill look it up thanks
    10-18-2010 12:41 AM
    AOL does not support exchange.
    jerrydavid likes this.
    10-18-2010 01:03 AM
    Why don't you try an app that sends a push notification when email arrives to an iMap server. I use Gmail and I have used a little app that was 99 cents that sends my iPhone a push notification alert when a new mail arrives on the server. Then I can just launch the mail app and get my mail.
    Personally, I would ditch the AOL email and use Gmail. Just have AOL autoforward your mail to gmail. Then you can use the push gmail MS exchange services.
    Hope this helps.
    Mike
    10-24-2010 11:13 PM
    Why don't you try an app that sends a push notification when email arrives to an iMap server. I use Gmail and I have used a little app that was 99 cents that sends my iPhone a push notification alert when a new mail arrives on the server. Then I can just launch the mail app and get my mail.
    Personally, I would ditch the AOL email and use Gmail. Just have AOL autoforward your mail to gmail. Then you can use the push gmail MS exchange services.
    Hope this helps.
    Mike
    Well if he has Gmail then he could save the .99 and just set up the account via exchange and get true push for free.
    10-25-2010 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD