Apple slacking on photo gallery ?

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, just thinking to myself and i was just wondering, Apple has advanced almost every aspect of the Iphone...
but for some reason.. the photo gallery still sucks, why don't they make features like create photo album, or smart albums like on Macs?
Do you think it would be under appreciated therefore a waste of time? or what?
Why do you all think Apple has had the same "photo" app since the first Iphone?

Reactions: theiphonerocks
Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
TOTALLY agree!
I've wanted albums for a while, it just makes sense to have some. Organize things easier, cause i dont always have access to my computer and stuff... theres apps and stuff but it'd be great if Apple just did it themselves.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dont they already have albums? Yes, you have to organize them on the computer, but albums is still there.

and it has been tweaked a bit since then. You can view in handscape, and you now have places.

Though I agree. There could be a bit more they could add.

metalmike

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
sad thing is everyone copied off the iphone photogallery when it first came out and now everyone with an iphone is asking for me

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a MacBook pro & use iPhoto to sort & store photos. Inside iPhoto is where I create albums & use faces to group pics but individuals. Through iTunes it brings over the albums & faces that I want to my iPhone.

I do agree with everyone though that it would be nice to be able to create albums on the iPhone.

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah dont get me wrong! If you have a Mac you can easily do it on your computer then transfer to your phone....
but why not just make albums available to be made on the Iphone? its not too much to ask i think, and youre right chrisgonzalez... didnt think about that, they have made some improvements

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'd rather organize them on my computer and then sync the folder/album and it shows up in my photos list, seems much easier than doing it on a tiny screen.

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather organize them on my computer and then sync the folder/album and it shows up in my photos list, seems much easier than doing it on a tiny screen.

its not tiny, and why not have both features? Obviously keep the ability to do it from your computer, but if im on vacation or something and i want the photos to be in an album so on my last day i can easily organize the pics to make a vid on imovie or something its simpler...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
They added playlist creation to the iPod app, why not have album creation in photos... Personally I think photos should not be handled through iTunes.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
They added playlist creation to the iPod app, why not have album creation in photos... Personally I think photos should not be handled through iTunes.

Totally agree...the way it is now, just moving one photo to another album means hooking up to a computer, transferring the file, and resyncing your photo folders--kind of ridiculous when you stop to think about it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Exactly.. In my opinion Apple needs a whole new file management system on the PC/Mac for iPhone. It's so cumbersome I don't even have ANY of the photos on my PC on my iPhone.

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Honestly, I don't mind so much about it being on iTunes and they won't change that because they want syncing your idevice as simple as possible. Using a different program would complicate things, but yes, if you are going to make playlist why not make albums?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
They don't have to 'add' another program, simply remove photo management from the iTunes mix altogether and just allow drag and drop like they do for the DCIM folder.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77