Viewing iPhone/iPad video on TV monitor

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have the Apple video cable, which support both the iPhone and iPad, with direct component video interface to my HD TV monitor. YouTube and QuickTime videos work great, but I have some apps, mostly international news sources (Deutsche Welle, RT, BBC, France24) that support full-screen video viewing on both devices, but all I can get when I connect to my TV monitor is the audio--no video.

Can anyone advise me about this? Is there a work-around?

Thanks!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Leo Laporte mention this in one episode of iPad Today (TWiT network). The Apple cable only supports display from apps that Apple "OKs" - not all apps, as you have seen, "qualify". Another Jobs' arrogance...

Perhaps there's a (jalbreak) app for that?

Reactions: longshadows

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I don't think it has anything to do with Jobs. Apps can chose to support video out or not, Apple just provides an API. I think AirVideo will be the same.

Unfortunately, a lot of content companies think we're all criminals who just want to steal their content so they disable those kinds of features

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Leo Laporte mention this in one episode of iPad Today (TWiT network). The Apple cable only supports display from apps that Apple "OKs" - not all apps, as you have seen, "qualify". Another Jobs' arrogance...

Perhaps there's a (jalbreak) app for that?

LOL not a Jobs choice at all, up to App devs...but I guess when anything is wrong bame the big guy right? (Not a big Jobs fan either, but wont just blame him)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2