No Text when opening email

onesizefitsfew

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
A couple of days ago I noticed that when I opened an email on my iphone there would be no text just blank space. I have 4 accounts. 2 comcast, 1Gmail and 1 outlook and all of them are acting the same way.
I tried to sync the iphone hoping that would solve the problem and my itunes doesnt recognize the phone under the devices heading. The battery icon on the phone shows that it is charging/connected when I connect the usb cable but itunes doesnt seem to want to recognize the device.
Everything else seems to operate properly.
2009 3gs 16 gig running 4.0
Any ideas?

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem, just double tap the home button for multi-task apps .. then close out the mail app completely from the multitask bar. After that, relaunch the mail app ... worked for me.

jimhanney

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, just double tap the home button for multi-task apps .. then close out the mail app completely from the multitask bar. After that, relaunch the mail app ... worked for me.

I have the same problem, no text appears in the right hand screen. Left side of the screen is fine and even shows several lines of the message context, but no text in right side. I don't know how to "CLOSE OUT THE MAIL APP COMPLETELY FROM THE MULTITASK BAR" so have not been able to apply this suggestion. How do I do that?

Thanks.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Double tap home button, then hold mail icon until it jiggles, then tap the X to close it. This is for the icon in the tray, not on the springboard.