Android Vs. iPhone

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
that just people playing on the fear that once everything is standardized creation and innovation will cease to exist.

seems kinda counter intuitive since if everyone uses Android there wont be any more "new" OSs

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Not a big fan of droid phones for some reason. They sorta feel like the rushed to deliver. Doesn't have the nice finish and smoothness of the Iphone IMO

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone vs. Android argument has become synonymous with the Mac vs. PC arguments...its funny how closely the two resemble each other really, like a mirror image.

Knowing several android owners though, the thing that humors me is how ANTI-Apple they are...where i just dont care about the Android phones, i dont go out of my way to bash them or find everything wrong with them, i pay them exactly ZERO attention because they dont appeal to me...where as Android owners (atleast the ones i know) are so viciously against Apple products that they attack like blood on water when one comes out in a group...lol.

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I think android has many advantages over the iPhone. It's a good product. I just prefer Apple. If Apple didn't make a phone, I would jump on Android.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I like about android is their notification is awesome. If the iPhone could get android notification and blackberry status led it would be a perfect phone for me.

Reactions: zkyevolved

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Only Android phone I would have is the EVO. The OS is lacking in usability compared to the iPhone BUT, with unlimited data and the ability to use it as a wifi hotspot with a 4G network, I would have one but Apple has graced us with the iPhone. So you know where I stand.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I had a Droid, paid the cancellation fee to get a 3GS; so you know how I feel about it.

Both platforms have definite positives. The widget system on the Droid is fantastic and I would love to have something similar, but in my opinion most of the apps are far better on the iPhone.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
As a former Incredible owner I can say that it all comes down to personal preference. both platforms have strengths and both have weeknesses. It all comes down to what you hold important. If you like the always on aspect then Android is better. It updates in the background and that makes a big difference in terms of how you use the phone. The notification system is fantastic as has been well documented. Lately I have seen many of the apps that cross both platforms updated more frequently on Android. Weather bug is a perfect example. However, battery life is horrific and this is mainly becuase of the background updating. So its a pick your poison type of scenario.

The iphone just works. Itunes is second to none and the app selection is still superior. The iphone's battery life is spectacular (imo) which is of uber importance to me.
Im probably over simplifying.

Last edited:

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Not that I'm a hater but, can someone, for the love of god, explain to me what exactly is "free" about android? From what I understand:

*If the phone is themed by say, HTC, it is hard to remove.
*On some new phones, such as the T-Mobile G2, there are hard ware and software locks that prevent rooting/jailbreaking
*Some apps still get banned from market, e.g. sex related.

As previously stated, I'm not a hater, but I just don't like android and thats my opinion. I'm not calling it crapware or anything, I just wouldn't use it. Also, I don't understand the use of the word "free" when clearly there are limitations. At the end of the day though you have to ask yourself "what will work best for me?" For me, it's the iPhone.

/rant

tibbi64

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I like android. But am dying for new iPhone. I am out of contract but will will not port to at&t B/C I have to have unlimited data. So holding out for the rumor! :( its just not fair for people that use slacker radio or any other streaming music/video.. what should we do....? Cancel Netflix and sign up for xm radio. Also not sign up with hulu. Today 2gbs of data is nothing today, maybe 10 years ago it would be plenty..

Reason why i want one instead of staying with android. I want one device. Music, radio, sync with iTunes, also use to dock in music docking station. And games, there are more games on iPhone. Pocket God being one I want..on phone.

I have iPod. One Device. IPhone

Incredible VZW

RepoJoe

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Don't hate the driod for any reason. I mean in the end there just electronics. I can say that with the Droids I have used and played with are choppy, not every smooth. Other then that I am just an apple fan have Mac at home so iPhone just makes sense.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I've owned both the original Droid and iPhone. I prefer the iPhone more. Android has many great features, especially choice, but for me the best part of Android is that it will keep Apple feeling the need to continuously improve their OS and there will be a greater chance for Apple to give us consumers what we want (multitasking, folders, etc...).

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone vs. Android argument has become synonymous with the Mac vs. PC arguments...its funny how closely the two resemble each other really, like a mirror image.

Knowing several android owners though, the thing that humors me is how ANTI-Apple they are...where i just dont care about the Android phones, i dont go out of my way to bash them or find everything wrong with them, i pay them exactly ZERO attention because they dont appeal to me...where as Android owners (atleast the ones i know) are so viciously against Apple products that they attack like blood on water when one comes out in a group...lol.

haha thats my exact experience with Android users as well.

Nillay Patel of Engadget put it best "Android users are the angriest people in the world." lol so true!

Not that I'm a hater but, can someone, for the love of god, explain to me what exactly is "free" about android? From what I understand:

*If the phone is themed by say, HTC, it is hard to remove.
*On some new phones, such as the T-Mobile G2, there are hard ware and software locks that prevent rooting/jailbreaking
*Some apps still get banned from market, e.g. sex related.

As previously stated, I'm not a hater, but I just don't like android and thats my opinion. I'm not calling it crapware or anything, I just wouldn't use it. Also, I don't understand the use of the word "free" when clearly there are limitations. At the end of the day though you have to ask yourself "what will work best for me?" For me, it's the iPhone.

/rant

I always ask the same thing of Android users and the most common response is anti-Apple hate which leads me to believe they just get angry they don't own an iPhone so they bought the only thing close to it.

I also could care-less about Android really. It's not terribly bad but I just don't prefer it compared to something as silky smooth as the iPhone.

Last edited:
Reactions: fresh1

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
the best part of Android is that it will keep Apple feeling the need to continuously improve their OS and there will be a greater chance for Apple to give us consumers what we want (multitasking, folders, etc...)

It seems that Apple develops new products to beat Apple...not other companies. (atleast from what history has shown us) They tend to ignore the market and build their products with new features that fit Apple's overall thinking vs. actually trying to compete with other phones, computers, etc...and i think that is why they retain the level of success these other companies dont, because they try to make a product that people would want/have even if they already owned the "competition's" product.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Android just doesn't have the polish, still. Kinda sad it's taking google this long. It's funny there are phones shipping right now with icons from pre-installed apps which don't support the resolution of the screen. Imagine turning on your iPhone and your clock app's icon is all pixelated... Hahaha

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me, or is the title of this thread wrong?

It should read: iOS vs Android
If you want to talk hardware, it would be: iPhone vs (insert phone running Android).
Or even more accuratley iPhone 4 vs (Android Phone with Froyo 2.2, and at least a 1Ghz Processor).

It's too hard to really compare the two now a-days. With Apple, you have ONE phone, so it runs ONE way. With Google, you have X phones, all with different specs, so they all run differently. It's almost an unfair comparison on both sides. It's kind of like buying a PC. Sure there are the $299 bargain PC's. But there are also the $5,000+ gaming beasts that would take the bargain PC, bend it over, have little netbook babies with it, all before the bargain PC starts up. Both of which run WINDOWS 7.

Example: Motorola Cliq vs iPhone 4 (hardware). iPhone 4 wins hands down.

Samsung Galaxy S/EVO/or the 1.2 GHz Moto coming out vs iPhone 4, The Android based phones take that one.

I am an Android user. I am an iOS user. I am a PC user. And, I am a Mac user.

Just pick what you like. After all, YOU are the only one that has to be happy with it at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh