Putting AT&T 3G sim in iPhone 2G

chrono807#IM

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Someone is offering to trade me an iPhone 2G for an old AT&T phone I don't need anymore. I'm currently using a BB Bold 9700 with its 3G sim. I figured I'd use this as an opportunity to see if i like the iPhone because if I do, I might get a 4 when I'm up for renewal in 2 months.

A couple of concerns:

I've heard of the 2G zapping SIM cards from other phones, but I can't find the source now. Is this true?

The phone is currently jailbroken. I'd want to restore it to the latest official 3.1.3 firmware and jailbreak that myself to learn how - possible or not? I don't need to unlock it because I have AT&T, but I will unlock it if that affects the SIM zapping above.

Anything else I should know about the 2G vs other versions? I know it only works on EDGE - I have wifi, so that's not an issue. How's the battery vs other iPhones? I also heard that it only works with certain headphones, would I be able to plug it into the aux input in my car with a regular headphone cable? As strange as this sounds, I've never held an iPhone 2G - why do only certain headphones work?

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Not sure about all the JB stuff, but you should be able to sim swap without any real issue. That said I would not recommend getting the 2G iPhone. Many of the newer apps will not run on it and it is way outdated. While still a very good phone the 2G is not a good representation of the iPhone experience.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner