Restore iphone without removing unlock( Repo Ultrasn0w)!!!

jaymit

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys ,
Hello All Since unlock of 4.1(Ultrasn0w) is on its way.i wanted some help from you guys .
Is there a way that i can restore my iphone without removing the unlock that was installed by cydia allowing any sim card to be put in the iphone.
because i buyed an iphone from ebay and it doesnt come with the original sim.
so since it was already activated i jail broke it and then used ultrasn0w via cydia to unlock it .so will the restoring process via itunes remove the jailbreak as well as the unlock!!

Please tell me any method to restore iphone via itunes without removing the unlock installed by ultrasn0w!!!
Please Reply
Help!!!

jaymit

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok So can i update my jailbroken phone to 4.1(Without restoring) than again install cydia and unlock the phone??Will updating a jailbroken phone crash my iphone or give me some error or will it be fine!!!
Please help!!!

jaymit

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
So can i just 1st back up my jailbroken phone upgrade to fw4.1 and then install the back up

or shud i buy the dits phonebook sim card!!!
Please help!!

Last edited:

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
If you have an iPhone 4 you can use Tiny Umbrella to upgrade to 4.1 and preserve the unlockable baseband. Using Tiny Umbrella to upgrade to 4.1 will NOT preserve baseband on 3GS and you will loose unlock if you upgrade to 4.1.

jaymit

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
so if i upgrade it than would my phone be still remain activated or would i need the original Sim to activate it!

Last edited:

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If you upgrade your phone, you will lose both the jailbreak and the unlock. Rumor has it that a new unlock is coming, but that will not be until 4.2.

You will not be able to activate your phone using iTunes without an AT&T sim card (I believe) if you do upgrade.