Running an iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1 and for some reason now, I can't take it pics with my camera through the camera app or look at my pictures through the photos app. Each time I do, it says "Please Wait, Updating Library..." and then a progress bar starts loading with the words "rebuilding library..." below it, and once its gets to about 3/4's of the way finished, it crashes.

I've already restored my phone and hard restarted it, and NOTHING, I still keep getting the problems.

I searched on these forums and google and couldn't find anything else besides doing a restore.

Someone help plz!!
    10-11-2010 02:03 AM
    maybe the app is updating?
    10-11-2010 03:04 AM
    maybe the app is updating?
    what do you mean? It never finishes updating or loading or whatever it's doing, it just keeps crashing in the middle of it
    10-12-2010 12:15 AM
    since your restore failed, i would talk with an Apple Tech...
    10-12-2010 08:00 AM
    You might want to take it to Apple care. It sounds like it's malfunctioning at no fault of your own. If you've restarted the unit several times, made sure it's got a good connection, and has all of its default setting activated, and it's not too hot, or JB, it's time for a trip to the doctor.
    10-12-2010 04:32 PM
    yeah I figured :\ setting up an appointment with the Genius Bar for Friday, I'll give an update this weekend
    10-13-2010 01:44 AM
    Hi carcustmizer,

My iPad is experiencing the same problem, and so far your thread seem to be the only one I can find online. If the Genius Bar helps you resolve this issue, would you please post the cure here again? I'm kinda desperate. Thanks!
    11-25-2010 05:42 AM
    Hey guys, I had that problem, but I fixed it by doing a fresh restore after deleting all previous back ups. I found the solution on a board somewhere ( don't remember ) it's a corrupt image- or it was for me. One of the files is corrupt and even gets backed up so everything has to be wiped clean. I did that, and it's run fantastic everbsince. I don't pull as many pics from websites anymore. I don't want to go through that if I don't havev to. I also got everything back just the way I wanted it with only my own photos that I know are good then created a "good" backup.
    Hope it works for you. I didn't want to have to go in especially right now!
    11-25-2010 07:51 AM
    Good news!! I found a solution.

1. Connect your iPad to your Mac
    2. Open 'Image Capture' - then, if you can afford deleting the exiting photos on the iPad, delete them all.
    3. Voila!! After restarting the iPad, my Photos is finally working!

Hope this helps. This idea struck me when I realized that the photos on my iPad are still there when I connected to iPhoto earlier. If iPhoto detects my iPad photos, then why not use Image Capture to delete them and give it a try!

Finally!
    11-25-2010 08:04 AM
    Hey,
    Your photo apps crashing, so i can suggested you now you
    Update your apps.
    11-25-2010 02:35 PM
    sry for the super late response lol. I ended up taking out all of pics/videos from my phone, putting them in a folder on my PC and then syncing that folder onto the iphone, thus restarting my Camera Roll pics and putting the synced photos into the "Photo Library"

thanks for the help!
    03-14-2011 11:31 AM
    My Ipad started to stop taking pictures two days ago. First I still could it to take some pictures, but it was shutting down taking movies. I was pretty sure that it was a memory problem and deleted what ever was in the memory box. However, it got worse in the two days. Today, I just had enough because I couldn't take any pictures at all. I found this forum and thought I may share what I did to solve the problem.
    I had a scan program installed and that kept the scans and photos in memory. Even transferring it to the Gallery didn't help to clear the folder. I deleted the folder and turned off the Ipad. I pushed the off button with the set button for a few seconds to turn it off. I did the same while turning it back on. The Apple icon appeared and for almost one minute nothing. I pushed the on button again and now everything is back to normal. Perhaps that helps someone in the future.
    Now, I am not sure what did the job. Was it the app I deleted or was it the total reboot of the Ipad. What ever, I am happy with the result.
    04-18-2014 10:08 AM
    sry for the super late response lol. I ended up taking out all of pics/videos from my phone, putting them in a folder on my PC and then syncing that folder onto the iphone, thus restarting my Camera Roll pics and putting the synced photos into the "Photo Library"

thanks for the help!
    Best way to keep them organized!
    04-18-2014 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD