3G synch problem

Tophewing

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
My wife has a 3g iphone. Today she hooked it up to her computer to synch it and it took over 14 hours and then...she touched it and the synch ended before it had completed.

She is running 3.1.3 on her iPhone. Any idea why this is taking so long?

volcomfever

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Most than likely it is trying to back up and is getting stuck because it is the first time the phone has ever been backed up. If you back a phone up for the first time ever to that computer, and it has a lot of content (i.e., apps, pictures, contacts, etc), it takes a while. Usually not 14 hours, but a while. What I would do first is, when it starts to back up, cancel the backup. While the iPhone is still on the left menu bar in itunes, right click on the phone (mac or pc, doesn't matter). You'll see a small menu pop up and in that menu is the choice transfer purchases. I would select that first. It moves over all your apps and any other purchased items (music, ibooks) into itunes and gets a copy of the content in itunes. After that's complete, try syncing again. It should go smoother.

If it doesn't, it could be something software wise on your computer's end. Software meaning the operating system.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR