View Poll Results: How much data do you use?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 1 GBs

41 42.71%
  • Right at 2 GBs

15 15.63%
  • 3-5 GBs

30 31.25%
  • I Don't Know

2 2.08%
  • More than 5 GBs

8 8.33%
    This totally sucks for really avid users, like myself, i use a huge amount of data, huge. I'm averaging about 8-9 gigs a month! Everything i do, i do from my Iphone, like this post, from my web app of the TiPb forum, facebook, emails, games, FaceTime like crazy with my girl, and my brother in the AirForce. Constantly checking all my forums, updating twitter so on and so on. Thank God i have my two year contract, but if in 2ish years when i go to renew it, they try this crap on me... i'll have to say goodbye to At&t or hello to lawyers or something!! I dont even wanna think about it.
    10-12-2010 11:42 PM
    OH and can anyone answer this, uhm where it says cellular network data, does that include what i use when im on wifi?
    10-13-2010 12:16 AM
    There is no problem. not sure why you think there is.
    We're in a thread dedicated to the topic. If no problem, then no thread. Try to keep up..
    10-13-2010 09:19 AM
    We're in a thread dedicated to the topic. If no problem, then no thread. Try to keep up..
    You're asking alot from the guy...
    10-13-2010 10:02 AM
    I'll have to look in to that Stream to Me app, that sounds cool!

As for my usage, I listen to Pandora, Napster, or WunderRadio almost all day, every day, at my desk at work. Last month I used a little over 4gb data. VERY glad that I still have unlimited! There is no wifi available at my office so that is not an option, plus of course there is no wifi in the car. To the ***** that keeps saying not to use your iPhone in the car, dude, get real! I get in the car, hook my phone up through the AUX jack, turn on whatever I want to listen to (Pandora, Napster, WunderRadio, iPod, ESPN Radio app, you get the picture), then drive. The phone is sitting in its spot and the content is playing. No picking up the phone while I'm driving, well unless I want to change apps or something but I only do that at a red light! LOL! What planet do you live on, anyway? I'll use my iPhone the way I want. Sounds like you just need to go back to a dumbphone.
    10-13-2010 10:43 AM
    I am caught up Thank you very much?

You're asking alot from the guy...
    Whats that susposto mean?

10-13-2010 03:14 PM
    I recently came over from VZW where I had unlimmited data. Depending if you are really heavy user, in many cases people will be saving money. Take my situation. My wife and I both had data plans on Verizon. She used a Blackberry and I used an Incredible. We both payed 30 for our data plans. My wife, since she has a blackberry and they suck, was lucky to use 100mb a month. I, on the other hand, would use 1.5-2 gb a month. We both paid the same amount. On ATT, she can get the $15 dollar plan and I get the $25 plan. So there is a $20 a month saving right there. I could concievably go over my plan by 2gb and still be even with what we were paying on Verizon. Most months I will save $20 and on my heavy usage months I will still be $10 ahead.
    10-14-2010 09:06 AM
    ^^ yeah to some and family plans it does save money, to others its horrible... but according to at&t 98 of their users dont use over 2gb
    10-14-2010 02:29 PM
    Iheartradio
    Pandora
    Slacker
    etc
    etc

Unlimited Data FTW
    10-14-2010 03:40 PM
    Bb

Bb

Bb
    12-03-2010 06:27 AM
    did I say I say I had an issue? All I'm saying is if your driving you shouldnt really be playing with your phone. (I'd hate to be on the same road as you) If the app does not work with 3G then just wait till it does.
    People still "play" with the radio.

You can't tell me you just leave it on one station for the duration of your ride?
    12-03-2010 09:13 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD