Costco pulling iPhone, everything Apple from shelves?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
We got a tip last night that Costco (at least in Canada) is about to pull everything Apple, including iPhone, from their shelves.

It's only a single tip from a single source, so we can't confirm it yet, but the story goes an emergency conference call was set up to inform staff in both the warehouse proper and the mobile sales kiosk that all Apple products, accessories, etc. were being pulled.

Sounds crazy, but if anyone knows anything, or knows anyone at Costco who can confirm or deny, drop us a note or a reply below.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
They also sell discounted iTunes gift cards... typically $45+ for a $50 card... but besides iPods (as already stated), I haven't seen anything else Apple in a Costco. I did buy my original 40 GB AppleTV from Sam's Club...

TheRealZed

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine this is true Rene. Hartco, the parent company for the Wireless etc. booths in Costco (different in la belle province) is also the parent company for wireless wave and telephone booth in the mall. As i understand it, the wireless etc booth is not controlled by Costco at all.

I would suggest giving hartco a call and asking them if they know anything. Should be a local call for you.

Let us know what you find out. I got my iPhone 4 at wireless etc in Costco here in Ottawa. No line up, even on launch day.

Update:... My bad, it seems that the wireless side got spun off and is owned by glentel which is located in burnaby, but all the brands are still the same. I still can't imagine all of those different franchisees losing iPhone.

Last edited:

rotchcrocket04

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't even know where a Costco is around here lol! However, I didn't realize they were selling Apple products?! I surely wouldn't know either way though...

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Was CostCo ever authorized to sell anything Apple?

Of course they were. They get the shipments from Apple. They didn't just come out of thin air. :rolleyes:

Renne, it may just be a Canada thing. Our Costco (whitch by the way is the largest one they ever built. over 255,000 square feet of goodness) seem to be only selling the iPods. I have seen the itunes cards and a few years back a mac mini, but right now its just iTunes cards and ipods.

Wireless Advocates, the company who runs the cell phone kiosks in my local Costco doesn't sell the iPhone. In fact I think they just do Tmobile and Verizon due to there being a ATT store in the same parking lot. They used to sell ATT phones though, but never the iPhone.

I'll check with my grandfather, whos been with Costco over 11 years. But it doesn't sound right. I remember iPods being at costco since the very first generation and back then they had working demo models. now its just those cardboard sleeves.

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen Costco sell the iPhone at least not in the US. The do sell iPods.

I've seen the iPhone sold (and promoted) at the kiosks in the London, Windsor and Mississauga stores (all in Ontario). Seems (very) strange to me that they'd be dropping the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2