Its finally here...Verizon iPhone 2011

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It's FINALLY here? When can I buy it? What are the price points? What are the plans? Oh wait, you linked to a RUMOR, just like the ones for the last few years.

When is it finally here? When Apple announces it. Until then, stop making misleading headlines.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Looks like the same story I saw in 2008 and 2009. I'll believe it when I see someone walking around with a Verizon iPhone.

Kyle Thomas

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
It is not here. Why the double post??

ATT is a big flop in my area. Verizon is the only way to go. (Upper Midwest)

Last edited:

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
OMG another VZW iPhone rumor. As others have said I will believe it when I see it, not that I would ever go to VZW.

deah12

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Who cares If verizon gets it. There such a horrible company I'd never switch. They have been saying there getting it since the 2g I don't see it happening.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Who cares If verizon gets it. There such a horrible company I'd never switch. They have been saying there getting it since the 2g I don't see it happening.

Well this time the WSJ made the claim and they are not the type to just be posting rumors like others do. Almost all of the time they are legit. Sure they may have made claims before, but think about it. AT&T's contract is almost up. If Apple really wants to make it up to customers they would do anything to make things better. Plus the more networks it's on, the more money Apple makes from the sales of the phones, as well as the 30 percent of the paid apps. It's a win-win situation.

And Verizon is fine. We had them for a long time for home service before they turned the home service over to Fronteir. I even had them briefly for a pre paid cell phone service before going cricket, and now boost.

lorin.bute

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Let me just say this: if Verizon gets it, the iPhone's market share is gonna be sky rocketing. Say goodbye to all those market share comparisons with Android. This would be the most important move for Apple.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
awww its like no one saw the headlines from the WSJ...

i don't think AT&T would renegotiate there 5 years of exclusivity (2012 end date) lightly. The iPhone has made them too much money for them to give it up with out Apple providing them with something along the lines of:

Apple- Here is the expected amount of money you would have made if we maintained the exclusivity
AT&T- ohh ok, yeah sure will take a ridiculous sum of money to allow you to sell to another provider in the U.S.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My question is this...what are we going to do with the huge influx of douche bag former android owners that come on here with their newly found iPhone's on Verizon, and in their over zealous desire to make the competitive arguments, the explosion of "which iPhone is better, AT&T or Verizon?"

It's coming...and if the posts about the android are any indication of the caliber of their owners...the iPhone board will become quite hostile, lol.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why some people are so defensive about AT&T losing exclusivity. If Verizon does win a contract to sell the iPhone, its nothing but a win for us- the customers. It creates competition between carriers, which gives us better options than being stuck wtih what AT&T decides we should have.

I'm happy with AT&T so far, and it would take a lot for me to leave my unlimited data plan, but I would like to see some competition in the iPhone market.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
if Verizon does get the iPhone, I will pay to get out of my AT&T contract and switch over to Verizon immediately. Verizon's data rates in my area rank in the 1-4 Megabit range, usually 2 or more. With AT&T I am lucky if I can get 40 Kilobits per second.

I bought a Mifi specifically for the data, so a Verizon iPhone cannot come soon enough.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
My question is this...what are we going to do with the huge influx of douche bag former android owners that come on here with their newly found iPhone's on Verizon, and in their over zealous desire to make the competitive arguments, the explosion of "which iPhone is better, AT&T or Verizon?"

It's coming...and if the posts about the android are any indication of the caliber of their owners...the iPhone board will become quite hostile, lol.

very good point. maybe we can actually put the Ignore List feature to some good use

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Either way, I won't be switching unless Verizon offers a cost saving. I am not interested in saving 5 dollars. If it's like 20 bucks, I'll lightly consider it.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
There is a LOT that the WSJ article overlooks in the assumption that a CDMA iPhone is coming to Verizon.

First: CDMA is not only used by VZW and Sprint. There are at least a dozen other countries that have CDMA cell carriers (China and some countries in South America being the top of the list) that I'm positive would jump at the chance to have an iPhone.

Second: Estimates predict that only 3 million CDMA iPhones could be produced by the mythical launch date. That's not enough to even be a drop in the bucket for Verizon's customer base; especially if you include those that would immediately switch to get one. You'd be looking at Wii-like shortages.

Third: Verizon's CEO specifically told (the WSJ, even) that there will not be a CDMA iPhone (on their network, at least) in 2009. The WSJ article was edited after-the-fact to state that it was "for sure" a Verizon phone, not just another CDMA carrier.

Fourth: As recently as last month, the Verizon CEO reiterated that a Verizon iPhone would not come in the near future.

Also, why would Apple go out-of-cycle to release a new iPhone? In the past they have done mid-year releases.

I'm not saying that it won't happen, and competition would be healthy. We've seen other countries recently get multiple carriers with the iPhone, so why not the USA? I agree that it makes sense, and that Verizon would be a logical choice.

Don't hold your breath for a cheaper option, though. I moved 3 phones (2 Verizon and 1 from Cox) to AT&T so my wife and I could get iPhones in July and it's still cheaper for a 3 phone plan than it was for 2 on Verizon. Here's an additional kicker: If the Verizon iPhone happens to run on their LTE network, leaked documents have confirmed that Verizon's LTE data plan for smartphones will be $60/mo for capped data.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR