Well given Apple is an American company and the iPhone always comes out first in the US, it will be smart to have it on a network that's based HERE IN THE US.
    It already IS out in the US. We're talking about a CDMA iPhone 4, which could very well be for a launch in a country that doesn't have the iPhone currently. I'm not ruling out that it's going to be a US launch, just adding alternatives for people to think about.

Meaning unlimited or a set amount like 2GB?

Add voice to that and your still looking at well over $100. I pay $60 for unlimited everything with my blackberry Boost mobile account. Plus I'm not on a contract.
    $60/mo for capped data, not unlimited. Current speculation is 2GB/mo like AT&T. That's double what their 3G unlimited plan is.

It will be very hard to see who has the Verizon iPhone as Apple will not allow any other branding other then their own own their phones.
    That's something I've been thinking about as well. Verizon likes to (to quote George Carlin) smear their logo feces all over their products, casing and software. It will be interesting to see what happens when (cause let's face it, it's very likely to happen someday) they aquire the rights to also have an iPhone on their network.

Realistically, though, as long as AT&T doesn't lose the phone altogether, I'll still be happy.
    Last edited by liquidzoo; 10-07-2010 at 02:08 PM.
    10-07-2010 02:03 PM
    What about the Sprint $69 everything plan. Would that actully be a better deal?
    10-07-2010 02:05 PM
    And Verizon's network (in its current state) will NOT allow voice and data simultaneously. I haven't seen anything that will state that LTE will allow this.
    LTE runs on its own separate bands than voice for CDMA, so yes it will be simultaneous. If people are in an area without LTE, they fall back on CMDA for all and the limitations.
    10-07-2010 02:06 PM
    What about the Sprint $69 everything plan. Would that actully be a better deal?
    That's a 3G plan. They don't offer that for their WiMAX 4G network, though I believe it's an addon for $10/mo. That, or they require you to go on their $99.99 Simply Everything plan.
    10-07-2010 02:12 PM
    i see that happening if Apple went like the droid and have 50 million phone models with diferent looks and form factors as well as some with an older iOS and some with the new one.

But this is Apple. So both phones will be the same, minus the cell chip.
    Kinda missed my point directing the comparisons on the attitude of the android (future verizon iPhone) owners.
    10-07-2010 05:47 PM
    Verizon's data in my area is atrocious. Their coverage leaves a lot to be desired too.
    While you may not have great Verizon coverage in your area, no one can safely say that Verizon's coverage is lacking. In fact their 3G coverage smokes AT&T and T-Mobile and is more than Sprint. Voice quality, reception and lack of dropped calls are all scored higher on Verizon than AT&T according to Consumer reports, CNET, JD powers, etc...

I don't think verizon will get it until LTE becomes more prevalent.
    According to Verizon's press release on 10/6/10, when LTE gets turned on the end of this year there will be an immediate 100 million people having access to it. I'd consider that prevalent.

AT&T works good enough for me in my area but if Verizon got an LTE iPhone I'd purchase it on launch day no matter how high AT&T raises their ETF fees. Living in Boston and seeing the Youtube video of the LTE trial in Boston sold me.
    Last edited by j7469; 10-10-2010 at 11:11 PM.
    10-07-2010 06:03 PM
    It's FINALLY here? When can I buy it? What are the price points? What are the plans? Oh wait, you linked to a RUMOR, just like the ones for the last few years.

When is it finally here? When Apple announces it. Until then, stop making misleading headlines.
    I thought it is a piece of veried news.
    10-08-2010 12:02 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD