iPhone plus toliet equals bad night

RepoJoe

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So my 1 year old grab my wires phone and dipped it in a toliet. I grab it shook it off blew out the ports and threw it in a bag of rice. What do you all think the survival rate will be?

xxjokerxx

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I've heard some amazing stories if revival. And some stories of bitter losses. I'd say leave it in the rice for at least 24 hours.
Good luck! And pray to the phone gods lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Since warranty is void anyhow, I would personally open it up and disconnect the battery. Is is an iPhone 4?

Hoping for the best. Don't be tempted to power it up

RepoJoe

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Here's the thing. How do you know if it is turned off? It was on what the phone went in. The screen went black and can't tell if it is on or off.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I just heard a story about a guy's iT2G turning back on a full year after he accidentally threw it in the wash...

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
My wife did this to her iPhone.

She grabbed it, and it was only under for a few seconds, but that was enough. We had it in rice, then in dryrite for a few days. Initially it got to the point where it wouldn't turn in and the LED light (flash) wouldn't turn off.

Sent it to Apple, and they got it to turn on, but didn't do anything about the flash. Sent it back again (since they never completed the repair) and they ended up swapping out a new one. One of the water sensors was triggered (one wasn't) but they never charged us for the repair. I can't guarantee the same will happen to you.

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
One time I decided to go to the pool with my iPhone and forgot to take it out of my trunks when I went in for a dip...that was pretty much it for that one lol.

RepoJoe

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Alrigt 24 hours of rice and 30 min of blow dryer on cool air and I got it turn back on. Here's the thing the slide to unlock will not work all the time. Should I turn off and give more time in the rice?

RepoJoe

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Alright so far everything seems to be working Xcode the phone through twice the second time the slide to unlock worked everytime. Placed back into bag to further dry for the next 24 hours. Thanks for all the advice and positive wishes. I'll let you know the turn out.

metalmike

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
my friend works at an Apple store and he says that they can do replacement on select case to case basis on iPhones with water damage he says apple cares less about the water damaged phone over the pyshical damage phone take it in whats the worse that can happen they say NO

But good luck i am dreading this ever happening to my phone

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
The biggest danger is short circuiting, and there's only risk of that if the thing is turned on. Perhaps it turned off via a safety mechanism when it went into the John. Since warranty is gone, remove the screws and GENTLY dry it off over course of a couple more days.

RepoJoe

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It's on and the gs seemed normal. Let the battery drain. When I plugged the phone back in it doesn't seem to be charging and is just getting really hot. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2