My settings Crashes

usit

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Iphone 3GS iOS4.01
I am not able to open settings,it keep crashing on me.I tries restore 3 times but after couple of use back to same thing,Anyone with same problem and is there a solution?
I am trying to turn the push notification to "ON" for "heywire" app,is there any other way to do beside using the settings,like thru the SSh and root folders and files.is there an alternative to settings?
Thanks

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
you can turn them on by deleting the app then re downloading it and clicking yes to push notifications the next time it loads

good luck with your other problems

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i suppose you could also look through the JB apps and find something that conflicts start with the one you downloaded closest to the time your settings started crashing

usit

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't know where to start,my guess is too many apps is consuming the RAM ,even though it shows 70MB available.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
usually if you go below 10% of available ram on any device stuff stops working and 70mb/512mb is cutting it pretty close

usit

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Here some useful suggestions from other sites:Mine is working now I did the SBsettings reset.

Get the Packages CrashReporter and syslog from Cydia and start Settings and then CrashReporter. It should show the Settings and analyze
the cause.
If you have Rock Extentions, you can tap Manage, Rock Extentions and disable SBRotator or any other extention that is causing problems.
Also try going into Safe Mode (SBSettings, Power, Safe Mode). If it works in Safe Mode, Try enabling extentions one by one until you
find the cause.

In other forums they said opening PayloadManifest.plist and removing <string></string> would help.

reinstall surpreme preference.Try to reinstall mobilesubstrate

******If you dont already have it, get SBSettings, slide your finger on the Status bar, tap more, System Options, Fix User Dir Permissions
and tap fix me. ******

Did you have extreme Preferences or supreme preferences installed and then de-installed it? it takes the settings with the app
when it goes... I just re-installed and have access to my settings again (but not all)... a proper fix would be better though...
The SBsettings tip does not help...

David74656

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue. I installed the Extended Preferences and had it enabled in winterboard. I uninstalled Extended Preferences from Cydia and my Setting would keep crashing.
To fix it I reinstalled the Extended Preferences. Went into Winterboard and disabled it and then uninstalled it and my settings app is now back to normal.

I noticed that anytime you have something enabled in Winterboard and you uninstall it you have some left over issues. If you can remember to disable the setting in Winterboard before you uninstall.
Hope this helps

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR