Do you ever?

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I have had a couple BlackBerry's, the Tilt 2, a BackFlip, the Aria, iPhone 3G, 3GS, and now iPhone 4. There is no phone currently that would replace my iPhone as my day to day phone. I use my iPhone as my computer & communication device. My laptop is mostly just to sync and backup my iPhone with.

After integrating into iPhone and iTunes, it's hard to try to move to another platform. The iPhone 4 is a great piece of hardware and the App Store and devs can't be beat. As Apple is forced to allow the apps to have more capabilities, they will leapfrog the competition. Apps just look better on the iPhone and the tools allow devs to have great looking UI's.

Someone who has never used an iPhone for any length of time may be able to switch to different smartphones but they never give the iPhone a real chance to show how great it is day to day. It's more than just a smartphone, it creates it's own experience that's still unparalleled by the competition.

I have an HTC Aria for work and while it's a great phone and is capable of doing most everything I need, it's nowhere near the iPhone and that carries to the Evo which is a more powerful, larger version if the Aria. They have all of the basics down and are great phones but they just don't offer the complete experience of the iPhone and iOS.

quicksilver53

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had a couple BlackBerry's, the Tilt 2, a BackFlip, the Aria, iPhone 3G, 3GS, and now iPhone 4. There is no phone currently that would replace my iPhone as my day to day phone. I use my iPhone as my computer & communication device. My laptop is mostly just to sync and backup my iPhone with.

After integrating into iPhone and iTunes, it's hard to try to move to another platform. The iPhone 4 is a great piece of hardware and the App Store and devs can't be beat. As Apple is forced to allow the apps to have more capabilities, they will leapfrog the competition. Apps just look better on the iPhone and the tools allow devs to have great looking UI's.

Someone who has never used an iPhone for any length of time may be able to switch to different smartphones but they never give the iPhone a real chance to show how great it is day to day. It's more than just a smartphone, it creates it's own experience that's still unparalleled by the competition.

I have an HTC Aria for work and while it's a great phone and is capable of doing most everything I need, it's nowhere near the iPhone and that carries to the Evo which is a more powerful, larger version if the Aria. They have all of the basics down and are great phones but they just don't offer the complete experience of the iPhone and iOS.

I would have to agree with you. Even though I still occasionally use my BB 9000, I keep going back to my 3gs. The thing that I really miss, is email push notifications without manually having to check for email. Other than that, I am looking forward to my next iPhone.

jiggaman2g

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I came from a long line of blackberry and jumped right into the ip4. The only and I mean only thing I miss is the bbm, most of the other apps for iPhone just don't compare, but apart from that this thing is leaps and bounds above the competition I see.... Call it a perfect device? Very much closer to hitting that mark I find. Look at the competitors out there, all of them have to make several devices to compete with 1 iPhone. Bb brought out the Storm line and Android...well they get a new device every week.

wkr08

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had a BB Bold 9000 before getting the iP4, and I seriously doubt I'd ever go back to a BB. The Galaxy S phones tempted me, but I still went with the iP4.

A coworker got the T-Mo Galaxy S model(Vibrant I think) and he gave it to me to configure the WiFi settings for the network at work. After doing that, he said his WiFi at home quit working. His wifi at work was hit and miss too. He finally found one setting that he has to toggle off/on to get either wifi to work depending on where he's at. Just some general goofiness that I certainly do not experience w/the iP4.

Whenever he encounters this general nonsense...I just show him my iP4 and remind him of what he could have had.

metalmike

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
i can't see myself switching the iOS is so much more user friendly and we don't get any of the bloatware that is crippling most andriod phones.

I waned the droid incredible for the longest time before i decided to switch to At&t and my friend recently got one and i am glad i made the switch its so buggy with all the bloatware and hes constantly charging his phone when i am barley going down to 50% battery in a day of useage.

Unless android steps up and makes their software open like then had originally intended i think they'll fad away like web os has promised all this hype and dwindled away .

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I would have to agree with you. Even though I still occasionally use my BB 9000, I keep going back to my 3gs. The thing that I really miss, is email push notifications without manually having to check for email. Other than that, I am looking forward to my next iPhone.

You can get push email with the iPhone...

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I am a total iPhone fan and along with the other people, I really think it's the entire "experience" and you just can't explain that to someone that's using their 'phone'. This isn't just a phone. It has become my- go to. I go to it for everything. It's amazing how so much of my world can be on one little device.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Nothings better then doing some activity and then looking through the app store to find something that might help you, and hey there it is that app you always wanted (even if you didn't know you wanted it) when i go sailing there are any number of apps i use for weather conditions, wind speeds, expect gusts, and i use multiple apps to get a clear picture. just having that option is amazing

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
I sometimes miss my Blackberry 9700- the keypad, better notifications especially -and my LED notification light. But my iPhone 4 is better at pretty much everything else.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the Blackberry Curve 8330 with Boost. I saw and used an iPhone 4 for the very first time at a locally run Apple store. I was pretty much amazed and it made by 8330 look like a peace of garbage. I was a bit jealous too. Plus it felt more sturdy then I expected.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i came from a Curve before i went to the iPhone... talk about the feeling of a dated device in hand, whoa!

as long as i can jailbreak, i see no reason to leave

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox