iOS 4.1 baseband observations

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
So a good number of us have 4.1 on our iPhones now, but I have been noticing that the baseband is a little off. While my dropped calls haven't increased at all, my quality has decreased. Spots where I had good reception now turns the voice quality lower, or it will drop from 3G to GPRS.

After basking in the Cowboys win, I came home and noticed that it would drop from 3G to EDGE. I never noticed since I always have wi-fi on, hence my lack of knowledge of dropping from 3G. It even dropped to no signal, although that lasted for about 1 second.

Basically, it's like AT&T made a change that dropped the quality and reliability of my signal. Dropped calls haven't increased at all. Anyone else notice this or am I just crazy?

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
I live near NYC so I basically have strong signal most of the time. I haven't noticed any changes with my reception since the update to 4.1. Like I said though, this area has pretty strong signal so it never drops down to EDGE or GPRS, it didn't before and it doesn't now.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
maybe they switched your tower from broad coverage to short coverage (which with overlapping tower makes a better network) and you're just at the edge so your coverage suffered till they build another tower... idk had that problem when i lived by the ocean it sucked cause you cant build a tower near on the sand :/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen