Has anyone ever gotten this message before? Ive owend every single version of the iphone and this is the first time Ive ever seen this. Its on my Iphone 4
    Sorry the pic is so big......

Last edited by mrmercedes22; 09-25-2010 at 01:25 AM. Reason: change pic
    emmy2phones likes this.
    09-25-2010 01:21 AM
    yes i've seen it and it was in previous phones also but do to the faster processor this means it is easier to over heat. you can also get it if you leave your phone on and sitting in direct sunlight for too long
    im glad the iPhone does this so that you dont damage your expensive hardware
    09-25-2010 02:27 AM
    Have to be honest, that's a pretty cool feature.
    09-25-2010 03:40 AM
    thats what i said when i first saw it also

it also does on occasion with out telling you... like when you leave the phone plugged into long it turns off charging so the battery doesn't over heat or over charge that why sometimes you wake up the next day after charging with 98% battery instead of full 100
    09-25-2010 03:49 AM
    Yes it happen to me with my 3gs when i went swimming and left it in the sun for an hour.
    09-25-2010 09:54 AM
    YES i have! but the thing was, it was not hot at all, it was normal temp. When i got the message i wasnt even using it, just siting there in an air conditioned house. I dont know why it happened.
    09-25-2010 10:19 AM
    Yep, same here....It was just sitting there right buy my side in a nice cool house. Oh well, at least it didnt explode!
    09-25-2010 12:44 PM
    Happened with my 3GS. I had it on the picnic table. Oops. Lol.
    09-27-2010 01:03 AM
    I have never seen this message, nor did I know my iPhone would do this! Thanks for the info. It's great to know that it has this feature!
    09-27-2010 01:10 AM
    thats what i said when i first saw it also

it also does on occasion with out telling you... like when you leave the phone plugged into long it turns off charging so the battery doesn't over heat or over charge that why sometimes you wake up the next day after charging with 98% battery instead of full 100
    I hate that. But I find that if I plug it in, and touch it at 5 or 6 am, and then go back to sleep (you know, to check messages and such) it THEN stops charging and then drains. I have to unplug then plug in again when I wake up and then it goes back up to 100.

REALLY strange. I might complain in a later moment. Lol. Too cool of a phone to complain right now.
    09-27-2010 01:15 AM
    Must admit I've never seen that before and I am so glad you posted it. Also it is really good the iphone does this, takes a little worry off my mind but saying that I didn't even contemplate it overheating.
    09-27-2010 06:24 AM
    Yes, I got this message earlier this summer after I left the phone in the car on a hot day in the sun. It's a good feature because if the phone were to try to operate at temps beyond the operational range, the components could be permanently damaged.
    09-27-2010 12:41 PM
    I hate that. But I find that if I plug it in, and touch it at 5 or 6 am, and then go back to sleep (you know, to check messages and such) it THEN stops charging and then drains. I have to unplug then plug in again when I wake up and then it goes back up to 100.

REALLY strange. I might complain in a later moment. Lol. Too cool of a phone to complain right now.
    When the battery is 100% charged it stops the charge. This happens on phone batteries. This way there's not a chance of "overcharging."
    09-28-2010 03:35 PM
    I think that the phone should run within it's limits so that we never see this message
    09-28-2010 03:43 PM
    I think that the phone should run within it's limits so that we never see this message
    It also does this when left in a hot environment . E.g. In direct sunlight . It won't show you that unless necessary
    09-29-2010 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD