ringtone volume

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
A question: is there a standard for ringtone volume? I was making some custom sounds yesterday, and noticed that one of them was loud enough to actually make the phone vibrate just a bit. Is there a chance of blowing out the speakers or anything like that?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It is possible to blow out a speaker, but it's not likely. However your ringtone creation program should be able to adjust the volume of the ringtone.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It's weird...I make them and import them as mp3s, but once I convert them to m4r files I can't adjust the volume (Get Info/Options) in iTunes. It's surprisingly hard to judge the end result, because they always come out quieter after being synced to the phone.

So usually I err on the side of being too quiet, but this one was way too loud. It's mostly just a pain because if it's wrong I have to start all over again.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I would think that if your willing to do some extra work to document all your attempts and then make a spread sheet (use qualitative data sets) that way when you make ringtones in the future you can get an idea as to how loud its going to be before you make it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234