iPhone 4 signal please help me decide.

marvi0

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Ok buying a new iPhone tomorrow, currently, have the 3GS, which am quiet happy with, but am in a complex situation, with vodafone uk, wereby, I need to decide within 7 days, whether to choose an iPhone 4 or something else. Now the only worry I have is the signal of the iPhone 4, which I have come to get used to on my 3GS, and can live with it, cause I bought the handset cheaper, however the iPhone is going to cost me at least a thousand pounds in contract for 2 years, so want to make the right descision. So like I have said, having read a lot of info and it appears, thez, not much difference, in terms, of the signal, between, the 3GS and iPhone 4. Infact most are actually claiming better signal, on the 3GS. So is this the case, please please, help me out, with this answer, as I desperately, need to make a descision, on whether or not to stay, on my 3GS, based on signal.

marvi0

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for your reply so in your own opinion the 4 is better I would appreciate others views as well please.

marvi0

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Cheers for your opinion, it's much appreciated, so do you think, the upcoming iPhone 4 White, will be exactly the same as the black, or in light of that antennagate, apple will then release, a completely revamped iPhone 4 White?.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
No experience with prior iPhones but my signal is great with AT&T anyway so no issues for me. (No differece at all between Bold 9700 and the iPhone 4)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
In low signal areas it can be a hinderance. However in moderate -> good signal areas it's great!

Basically because it's external it is more sensitive. It makes good signal areas better, but if you put your hand over it, it makes bad signal areas significantly worse.

Reactions: marvi0

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I get good service. I usually compare it to my blackberry. And they're pretty close. I sometimes work in the basement where I'd get 1 bar at best and at the moment the iPhone 4 holds on to that bar! :)

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
with the field test mode available again theoretically you could walk into an AT&T store and go the display models and use an 8gb 3gs and an iPhone 4 and test the reception in a common location

just dial *3001#12345#* into both phones and compare the numbers where the bars used to be

the higher the value the better so -76 is better then -96

but in my experience IP4 is king

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
with the field test mode available again theoretically you could walk into an AT&T store and go the display models and use an 8gb 3gs and an iPhone 4 and test the reception in a common location

just dial *3001#12345#* into both phones and compare the numbers where the bars used to be

the higher the value the better so -76 is better then -96

but in my experience IP4 is king

just pointing out a contradiction in your post. you said higher is better on the field test then went on to say -76 is better than -96. it should read the lower the number the better and then your numbers would be fine. just trying to clear confusion not call you out.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
just pointing out a contradiction in your post. you said higher is better on the field test then went on to say -76 is better than -96. it should read the lower the number the better and then your numbers would be fine. just trying to clear confusion not call you out.

its in negative numbers so the closer to zero the better...

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
its hard to explain to sometimes i choose the one that was shortest to type and had at lest 50% user understanding i hope at least