Bluetooth On IPhone 4

Techman09

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I own a Jabra BT530 that allows a2dp audio streaming for music and applications.

I am wondering if it is possible to set up the iPhone so that when my headset is on, it would be the device of choice automatically. Is this at all possible? On the blackberry 9700 I had, the Bluetooth was automatically used in all applications and all phone calls automatically.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
As long as you have Bluetooth turned on, your iPhone should automatically make the connection when it's in range. That what mine does with my BlueAnt, but since I don't have a Jabra, I can't say what the behavior will be on yours. Also, some Bluetooth stacks are finicky. You might need to restart your headpiece.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
As long as you have Bluetooth turned on, your iPhone should automatically make the connection when it's in range. That what mine does with my BlueAnt, but since I don't have a Jabra, I can't say what the behavior will be on yours. Also, some Bluetooth stacks are finicky. You might need to restart your headpiece.

Jabras follow the same pattern they even remember what device they connected to last so if there are 2 BT signals that it is paired with the one it was most recently connected too will be chosen

Techman09

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
What is happening is that I MUST use the button on my ear piece to make sure that the Bluetooth answers the call, and if the source is currently the iPhone for some application (like a game) and I want to make the source my headset, just turning it on usually does not make it automatically switch over.

Is this all normal behavior?
How should i let the iPhone know that I am trying to switch a game or some other application to the headset for audio?

Thanks everyone for the great responses.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
hmm never had that problem before I use the rocket fish brand stereo BT headset and it switches audio over the moment it connects

and the jabra cruiser i use for my car does the same thing

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
This is the way I used to do it. Once the phone recognizes the connection from the paired headset you go into into the Visual voicemail screen and choose the speaker button when your headset isn?t on. Then you should receive an audio selection dialog which has the option to ?Change audio source?. Select the option ?iPhone Bluetooth Headset?. Now switch over to the iPod and begin playing audio. It should be coming from the the headset.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have both the Blueant Q1 and a Jabra Icon. I turn them on. That's it. When the phone rings, I answer by tapping the appropriate button on the headset. If I play a game or music, it pipes into the headset - without my doing anything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR