So stressed over ip4 and torch

Jgo113#IM

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Please help I have a million friends on blackberry all who use bbm frequent but from using my itouch frequently I lookouts the browsing and apps. Need some constructive ideas on why ip4 is worth leaving my blackberry storm2

Also when if ever will you be able to surf through your touch without being connected to wifi ? If that was the case I would have the best of both worlds

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Please help I have a million friends on blackberry all who use bbm frequent but from using my itouch frequently I lookouts the browsing and apps. Need some constructive ideas on why ip4 is worth leaving my blackberry storm2

Also when if ever will you be able to surf through your touch without being connected to wifi ? If that was the case I would have the best of both worlds

You will always need wi-fi to use data on the Touch. As for the 9800 BB, well I used to be a big time Berry guy and even I'm not impressed with that POS. So my advice is to get an iPhone and join us over here on the dark side.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here, 5+ years with Blackberry. Got the i4 10 weeks ago, and Im never going back. I was HARDCORE Berry. You wont regret it, your only regret will be not doing it sooner.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Previous BlackBerry user here as well....got my iPhone 4 on launch day and sold my BlackBerry 9700 the next day. Never leaving iPhone.

dpeters11

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Blackberry blows the iPhone out of the water in terms of Corporate email. Admittedly, I'm a BES admin. So I use Blackberry for corporate stuff, and a iPod Touch for the fun stuff.

PingChat is good for cross platform, it works between iPhone, Blackberry and Android. Only downside is you can only be registered on one device at a time.

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Blackberry blows the iPhone out of the water in terms of Corporate email. Admittedly, I'm a BES admin. So I use Blackberry for corporate stuff, and a iPod Touch for the fun stuff.

PingChat is good for cross platform, it works between iPhone, Blackberry and Android. Only downside is you can only be registered on one device at a time.

*yawn* Blackberry is a dying breed that has failed to adapt and is desperately trying to play catch up with BB 6.0 and thats looking to be more and more like a miserable failure, once again. Hey but on the bright side BB keeps releasing a refreshed curve, now called curve 3G :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
can you guys give me specific reasons why iphone4 blows away the torch, i am sooooooooo borderline its crazy !!!!!!

There's a 100s of reasons why i4 is better than a Torch. There's about 3-4 reasons why Torch is better and I'll list them here because it's faster than listing the i4's advantages.

1. If you're on BES, security is better and you can control the end user's device in 100s of ways. For the company this is good, for the end user, not so much.

2. Has a physical keyboard if you want/need that.

3. Has BBM if you use that.

4. Has better notification system.

After that, pretty much everything on i4 is either equivalent or better. For example, my favorite features on the i4 are the display and the browser. Both are much better on the i4. If you install Atomic Web browser, you can even emulate desktop browsers so you never see mobile sites too, still no Flash though.

You should just go to an AT&T store and play with both for a while. Then you'll get a better feel for both devices. I think the first thing you'll notice is how smooth everything is on i4 compared to Torch. Try this on both phones, open the browser, let both load the same page. Then on the i4, move your finger back and forth like you're scrolling up and down really fast. Do it as fast as you can. The page will track your finger perfectly. Try the same on the Torch and see what happens.

sharky2006

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Blackberry user for a number of years too and I went from the BB 9700 to a 3G 16 gig just for fun and loved it so much I got a 3GS a few weeks later back in feb, got the iP4 on aug 6 and havent looked back, been tempted by other phones but cant let my iP4 go.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I was a hardcore and I mean HARDCORE berry user had every berry from the pearl to the tour and storm2 and the i4 is such a hands down better device, bb is a dying breed and if they don't do something soon they are going to be extinct ... You will not regret getting an iPhone I actually just had to play with my friends torch the other day and it was like trying to speak fluent Greek lol I was hardcore berry and I was LOST.... the UI on the iPhone is so much more friendly ... Make the jump you'll wish you did it sooner :D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Torch feels cheap...it feels like that slider keyboard will eventually break off. The screen is wonky, input is not as accurate as even the storm 2, which wasn't all that great either. BB's will always be the kings of email service, and for good reason, that's all they've focused on for a decade...

The iPhone has so many things going for it that it really isn't even a comparable phone to any blackberry, the torch is a way to give those businesses that rely on their BB's a new toy in the touchscreen since the storm never really caught on in the corporate world...

It's like the difference between a chevy Malibu (torch) and a BMW M3 (IP4).

mpovolo

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
For me it was all about applications. Have had BB for years and then a 3GS. I recently went torch for two weeks and while it was good, I couldn't let go of the quick ways to pull information on the iphone. For example directory lookups, web browsing is simply the best, visual voice mail, even the touch keyboard on the iphone I can type quicker and with less errors. What I will miss, ability to quickly create followups from the call log using later dude, note to self feature with vlingo. Then I asked myself how many times I use those features and it wasn't that often that it offsets the amount of times I use the browser, or visual voice mail, or directory lookups.

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I loved bb. And I still do. But I'm tired of them giving me incremental upgrades. So I got the iPhone 4. Plus that should teach them a lesson. Seriously. I had the storm2 and storm. And bold 9000 and 9700 and 8900 and 8100 and 8300 and 8800. No one loves bb more than I do. But I got the iPhone cheaper than I would have buying a storm2 again. Haha.

You get over bb. Trust me. Just don't compare battery life. Please. Ill just die. Bb is awesome for battery life and sucks at innovation. I mean, come on! Did you see the storm and bold refreshes? Lame.

iPhone until rim gets on track :)

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
The Torch is a pretty good device. I would rate it in the same class as the 3GS, although I would still prefer the 3GS. It's not in the same league as an iPhone 4 though.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
The torch blows. Just got it for my wife and it's going back in favor of the 9700. No need to stress. Should be a very easy decision.

scarlettpumpkin

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I was a hardcore Berry lover, too. Couldn't imagine life without my crackberry. But I got tired of being limited in what I could do with my phone. I needed something that would let me do more in both work and personal life. The iPhone 4 has almost everything I need. Admitedly, the calendar syncing on the iPhone is incredibly behind blackberry. But I fou d nuevasync and it is functional. Its still not as smooth as Blackberry, but the million other things I can do with my iPhone more than make up for it. For me, the Torch was too little too late. I love my iPhone and haven looked back.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I was a long standing BB user before I made the leap to the iPhone 3G last year. To sum it up for you I will say I was constantly downloading leaks and creating my own hybrids of OS's to make the BB run better and smoother. I came from a Storm, which might I add is the WORST cellphone I have ever had! I will never leave the iPhone, well at least not in the foreseable future. I'm not on the iPhone 4 and I couldn't imagine not having this phone. Everything about it is awesome. You will definitely love owning one. Don't let BBM keep you from the experience of the iPhone 4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73